Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Clinical Officer Ophthalmology -Ref:Stfch/Jan/RCO-01(1 Position),
The incumbent will have the overall responsibility for the daily clinical assessment and prescription of treatment for all patients in the Eye Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide consultations at the eye clinic,
- Diagnose, manage and conduct cataract cases appropriately,
- Increase community awareness to participation in eye care especially cataract identification and referral,
- Perform cataract surgeries and refer complicated cases appropriately,
- Take part in planning and participating in eye camps,
- Ensure that all assessments and treatment provided are properly documented on patients files,
- Maintain an accurate and updated records keeping system in the health unit keeping in mind that any significant changes seen with regards to cases seen in health unit should be reported to the Doctor in charge and other relevant authorities,
- Admit patients to the wards when necessary and ensure that M.O. in-charge is promptly informed,
- Maintain equipments in good condition and submit regular inventory report of the same,
- Compile and submit quarterly inventory return/ requisition of all drugs and supplies,
- Attend and participate in weekly Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions at the hospital,
- Perform minor eye surgeries ,trachoma surgeries and refer complicated cases appropriately.
- Carry out other relevant duties as may be required or assigned by your supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Quality eye care services offered to patients,
- Provision of corrective glasses to those with refractive errors,
- Timely surgical management/ referrals of eye injuries,
- Timely reporting of departmental activities,
- Conducting Eye Care Trainings and Screening exercises as required.
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine- Ophthalmology/ Cataract surgery,
- Registered with the Clinical Officers Council,
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as a Ophthalmic Clinical Officer .
Required Experience & Competencies
- Ability to write clear, concise reports and well developed communication skills,
- Good computer skills (Complete MS Office package and any HMIS (Hospital Management Information System) and data analysis),
- Must be a team player and flexible.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th February, 2021.