Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures. Our partners in Kenya Djibouti Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation -Kenya-Djibouti-Somalia Program, is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions of Procurement Assistant in Dadaab Refugee Camp.
Purpose of the position
The purpose of this position is to support achievement of Procurement and Logistics quality services and departmental objectives in Dadaab refugee Camp. The position reports to the Logistics Officer and works closely with Store Assistant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sourcing quotations from our pre- qualified suppliers and analyzing them.
- Ensuring right descriptions of items and sample are provided where necessary
- Processing documents for several signatures as required by the policy.
- Providing Clerical services such as processing purchase order.
- Providing systematic and organized filling system for all reports both in soft copy and hard copy.
- Preparation of payments on time such as forwarding all serviced invoices to Finance for payments.
- Making all follow ups with suppliers to supply goods within the time given.
- Sending out tenders and preparation of selected tenders Contracts when necessary.
- Ensuring the right goods are bought at the right quality and the right quantity.
- Making follow ups to suppliers payments to ensure that they are paid on time and no delays in supplies
- Notifying the program any changes in prices in the market.
- Making sure that any complaints launched by the suppliers reach to the logistics officer.
- Notifying the suppliers any changes in the management operations on time.
- Organizing of catering roasters in a systematic order to empower Refugee hotels in Catering Services in case of any workshops done in the Camp.
- Liars with Nairobi Procurement to ensure that all goods bought in Nairobi reach Dadaab on time when they are needed.
- Labeling of both files and books according to procurement documents.
- Preparation of weekly reports, monthly reports, annual reports and any other reports as required by the logistics Officer.
- Issuing of all ready Contracts and PO, s to the contractors and suppliers.
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management ( Requirement)
- Registered and member of a relevant professional body like KISM ( Requirement)
- Degree in Supply chain Management is an added advantage
- 2 years Minimal Practical Experience.
- Experience gained working with an International Humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in hardship, marginalized areas or emergency setting
- Proficiency in English and Kiswahili language both written and spoken.
Skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures
- Strong emphasis on accuracy and detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet goals and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, such as Excel
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- High level of motivation, integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
- Ability to tolerate cultural, educational and religious diversity in the work place
- Excellent communication, time management, organization and presentation skills.
- A good team player with high degree of initiative, flexibility and tolerance
LWF World Service is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation. Qualified persons with disability and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF World Service adheres to Child protection standards and to internal Child protection Policy. LWF World Service is signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
The closing date for this application is Wednesday 17th February 2021.