Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Communications Specialist – Social Media, USAID Kenya and East Africa Development Outreach and Communications Support Program, Nairobi, Kenya
Communications Specialist – Social Media,
USAID Kenya and East Africa Development Outreach and Communications Support Program,
The USAID/Kenya and East Africa Development Outreach and Communications Support Project, including a USAID Somalia Development Outreach and Communications support component, supports outreach to and communication with stakeholders within Kenya, East Africa, and Somalia on U.S. Government strategic objectives and impacts. This includes producing communications products and publications, supporting events management and interactive engagement opportunities, and contributing to the development of strategic communication strategies for the Kenya and East Africa Mission.
**Please note: Only Kenya citizens are eligible for this position**
The Communications Specialist – Social Media will participate in the full scope of strategic communication support tasks—including the development and production of information products and publications, event coverage, field work, photography, social media management, strategy development, videography and writing—with an emphasis on leading on social media issues. This position will report to the Chief of Party and work full-time at MSI’s Nairobi field office.
- Produce content that adheres to USAID branding and style guidelines
- Interpret and tailor complex, technical content for different audiences
- Assign to staff and follow up on content development
- Ensure relevance of tone and of messages to programmatic priorities
Manage partner-generated content
- Participate in and contribute to presentations, strategy and performance review meetings
- Provide daily monitoring and management of platforms to flag any sensitive issues
- Adapt content to reflect local developmental realities in each different context the project supports activities
- Contribute to the development of social media messaging and toolkits with draft messages, corresponding links and appropriate images on a regular basis
- Schedule and post social media content according to the content calendar
- Make edits and secure approvals prior to publishing
- Solicit social media content on a regular basis from implementing partners
- Set up social media advertisements
- Repost upon request or cross-post flagship content across all platforms
Media Monitoring and Press Relations:
- Coordinate closely across the DOC, MSI teams and implementing partners
- Contribute to systems to track metrics/indicators
- Contribute to the professional presentation and execution of communications products and services
- Review and analyze traditional and online media on a daily basis
- Identify and summarize relevant mentions in communications to the Mission
- Contribute to a monthly catalog of news stories that will be further analyzed by an independent media monitoring organization on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Facilitate travel, coverage, or otherwise liaise with journalists on site visits
- Engage in media calls and prepare/distribute press kits
- Update media contact lists after each event or site visit
- Prepare event specific media monitoring reports, on request, that synthesize journalist participation and press coverage
- Review relevant reports, news articles, social media handles, and other online information to prepare for field work
- Draft and submit a short, pre-field brief that outlines sites to be visited, partner/travel contacts, potential interviewees and interview questions before travelling to the field
- Work with management and USAID to identify suggested partners, sites, or interviewees, particular angles and themes, relevant resource documents, timelines and final products
- Conduct interviews, take photos, videos, and otherwise support field work
- Work with other photographers and videographers to capture human interest stories
- Obtain signed digital consent from necessary parties, using the Easy Release mobile application
- Conduct reconnaissance on sites to determine and report its suitability for future events or stories
- After returning from the field, complete necessary uploads of high-quality photos, captions and metadata, raw audio files, field contacts
- Submit brief final trip report
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field, master’s preferred
- Minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience in journalism or public relations required
- Demonstrated experience implementing communication strategies and outreach campaigns that successfully raise the profile of projects or commercial companies
- Work experience with non-governmental organizations, donors and/or mass media, and understanding of the international development space
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of digital (websites, social networking, email and blogging), photography and videography
- Experience in building the capacity of USAID projects on how to communicate and report their progress and successes is highly preferred
- In-depth understanding of Kenyan culture, geography and development issues
- Experience working and traveling in Kenya
- Ability to pitch and shape earned media opportunities
- Written and verbal fluency in English is required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.”
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.