Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
*Preferred position location: Nairobi, Kenya. Other locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered to operate.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to support Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) to collect, store, analyse, and use social data about the MFI’s clients to improve and amplify the MFI’s ability to transform the lives of its clients and the children in their care. This person in this position will coach MFI staff to improve the overall capacity of the MFI to understand and respond to the needs of clients, and to use evidence of the MFI’s impact to create stories and narrative to engage stakeholders.
Work with and support MFI staff to collect, store, analyse, and use impact-related data:
- Good working relationships with MFI staff who have responsibility for impact data, which facilitate shared understanding of MFIs’ challenges related to impact data and to promote working in partnership to find creative solutions.
- Operational solutions are put in place to overcome problems with data collection and storage within the MFI.
- MFI staff have access to coaching from the Impact Specialist to improve their data analysis skills.
- MFI staff have access to coaching from the Impact Specialist to improve the quality of client service through adoption of best practices.
- MFI staff have access to coaching from the Impact Specialist to develop and improve impact-related reports, client stories, and other narrative for various audiences including VF senior leaders, WV, partners, and donors.
- MFIs have access to best practices from the VFI network related to impact data and client service.
- A global Community of Practice for MFI staff is created to share best practices.
- MFI staff have access to information and can develop understanding of the relevance of impact to VF Strategy, to Our Promise, and to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and to WV FO CSIPs.
- MFI field staff develop their understanding of the relevance of impact, which creates stronger staff engagement.
Analyse MFI impact data to create evidence of impact and engaging narrative that can be used for marketing and communication purposes:
- VFI GC has a regular source of impact-related “content” for WV Impact Portal and VFI website.
- GC regional teams receive regular impact performance reports that include recommendations for change to increase MFIs’ impact.
- Research and analysis of industry-related impact data and knowledge of developments in economic development sector is available for improving relevance of all impact reports.
Create and oversee client surveys and coordinate impact evaluations in MFIs:
- MFIs are supported to develop and implement of Impact Monitoring Plans especially identifying data requirements.
- MFIs have access to tools that have been created to monitor and evaluate various initiatives within MFIs.
- MFIs are supported in designing small scale studies and surveys (i.e. questionnaires with appropriate methodology and resources needed) that can be used to understand impact on clients and provide evidence of impact for use in marketing
- and communications, etc., for a wide variety of audiences.
- MFIs have feedback from clients that can be used to improve client service and product effectiveness.
Coordinate impact-related activities with WV and other partners:
- Partners and GC colleagues have a dedicated resource to assist with obtaining information from MFIs or about VFI impact globally, including information needed for WV or specific donor reports.
- External consultants have regular point of contact for projects related to evaluating impact.
- By working with other VFI GC Teams, evidence, learning and impact findings and organisational learning of the programmes and operations (especially best practices and lessons learned within VFI) are appropriately documented and
- disseminated at the different levels within the network and externally.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Undergraduate degree
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of best practices related to the collection, storage, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience of measuring outreach and impact and analysing data to create evidence of impact.
- Experience of creating and administering client surveys, analysing the results, and writing reports/presentations about conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience of analysing data and information: (a) to identify areas for improvement and (b) to monitor progress against goals; (c) to create narrative that engages internal and external audiences.
- Detailed understanding of microfinance operations.
- Experience of delivering training to groups and/or one-on-one coaching.
- Good understanding of the role of microfinance in economic development.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in a globally dispersed team.
- Proven ability to manage projects and achieve through others.
- Deep experience of working with microfinance clients or beneficiaries of humanitarian programmes in the global South.
- Demonstrable skill at producing high quality reports and presentations for donors and partners.
- Ability to gather and collate data from multiple sources around the globe, relying on influence to ensure stakeholders meet quality standards and deadlines.
- Skilled with Excel, PPT, and Word and aptitude for learning new data management and presentation platforms (e.g. PowerBI).
- Demonstrable skill at writing in English.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English, and ideally one other language spoken widely in the VF network of MFIs.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Deep understanding of what good client service looks like.
- Experience of working with professional researchers.
- Experience and aptitude for using a variety of presentation apps and platforms.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment, across many time zones.
- Experience working in a virtual team.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- It is possible this position will be home-based, which means that the candidate must be willing and able to work alone with little day-to-day supervision.