Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AMI is now looking for a Senior People & Operations Manager to establish the systems to support growth and ensure our operations work efficiently to enable the team at AMI to thrive.
This is a chance to be part of Africa’s transformation, and to help shape, build and scale one its most innovative social businesses
The Senior People & Operations Manager should be a proven leader with a track record of working with high-growth entrepreneurial businesses in Africa and large dispersed teams. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic international and local team, and will be based in – or willing to move to – Nairobi.
The role will focus on 2 core areas: People and Processes. Core responsibilities include leading all internal operations and building the people, back office and operating systems to underpin AMI’s growth in the region. S/he must be comfortable with managing legal, governance, compliance and human resource processes and systems for mid-sized teams.
- Develop AMI’s talent pipeline across geographies by building relationships with partners and raising AMI’s employer brand. Develop selection strategies and processes for core roles.
- Be a culture champion, working with local country heads to promote our core values and ‘the AMI way’ across our markets
- Develop and implement company-wide strategies around remuneration, retention and performance management.
- Work with our culture team to refine AMI’s on-boarding programme and develop ongoing learning and development
- Establish and improve HR systems, policies and processes, including contracts, compensation and benefits
Systems and Operating Processes
- Work with the people operations team to oversee and continuously improve internal operations across markets. This will involve day-to-day general management of our head office in Nairobi (including rent/utilities/procurement), as well as supporting teams across other markets
- Work with colleagues in marketing, sales, product, learning and programmes to ensure seamless systems, data management and customer experiences across the organisation.
- Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
Skills & attributes
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and to execute methodically.
- Ability to create order from chaos. Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment but able to design and implement effective structures and policies.
- Unflinching attention to detail. Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Are you the most organized person you know?
- Enthusiasm and commitment for AMI’s vision of transformation through skills development
- Decision Making & Problem Solving Skills – ability to identify and resolve problems and generate alternative solutions especially with people related issues
- Work well with people. Culturally adept. Ability to communicate effectively across different levels, with local and international teams and stakeholders
- Proven ability to build and lead a team, motivate staff, manage performance and drive delivery. Ability to work as part of a close-knit and collaborative cross-border leadership team.
- An unwavering commitment to AMI’s values of excellence, innovation, accountability, caring and integrity.
- Willingness to engage in robust debate alongside deep respect for others
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity
- Naturally a people person
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 5-8 years experience in operations, general management, talent/HR or project management, with at least three years at a senior level (essential)
- Experience working in a leadership role in an entrepreneurial or high-growth environment in Africa (essential)
- Experience in business operations and creation of new operating procedures
- Experience working with a social business or enterprise (preferred but not essential)
- Masters degree (MBA preferred) or equivalent experience
AMI will consider candidates from any country but must be willing to live and work in Kenya and be free to travel elsewhere in Africa.
- Master’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
Apply by 05 March 2021