Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Associate Governance, Regulatory and Legal Services – Corporate and Legal Affairs at Strathmore University
Organization Name: Strathmore University
Job Title: Associate Governance, Regulatory and Legal Services – Corporate and Legal Affairs
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Legal
Reporting to: Manager, Corporate and Legal Affairs
Basic job summary: The job holder will be responsible for provision of Governance, Regulatory and Legal Services to the University and its affiliated entities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing, reviewing (analysis and Benchmarking) and maintaining the University legislation/statutes, policies, codes of practice, systems and procedures to enhance accountability, transparency and equity.
- Be responsible for a wide range of compliance aspects including monitoring, developing controls to enhance compliance and review of procedure, policies and process requirements in respect of internal and Regulatory requirements.
- Keep abreast of overarching legal and regulatory issues including change in relevant legislation and regulations relating to the University and its affiliated entities continually reporting on key changes.
- Continually review the University’s service offerings, processes to enhance legal compliance. Draft, negotiate and Review contracts and other related legal documents prior to execution and new service offerings prior to launch aiming at minimizing legal risks.
- In collaboration with the Manager, service the University Council and its committees by ensuring that the work of the Council and its committees is compliant with relevant statutes, regulations and guidelines and ensuring production of high-quality paperwork by preparing the agenda and papers, attending the briefing meetings with the Chair of the University Council and Chairs of the various committees and disseminating the matters arising and required action points, and drafting the minutes as well as working closely with the chair of the University council and each committee to steer the meeting’s business.
- In collaboration with the Manager, provide support the Management Board in every aspect of day-to-day secretarial work, including preparing the agenda and Board papers, attending the briefing meetings with the Vice-Chancellor and University Secretary, attending every Management Board meeting, disseminating the matters arising and required action points, and drafting the minutes.
- In collaboration with the Manager, provide support to the University affiliated entities in every aspect of day-to-day secretarial work, including preparing the agenda and Board papers, attending the briefing meetings with the Board of Directors or Partners, disseminating the actions arising, and drafting the minutes as well as providing support on regulatory and legal services.
- Conduct research into governance and regulatory compliance to continually identify best practice to aid decision making. Provide related legal research to support organizational needs.
- Attend and conduct required legal services in various meetings as specified in University Statutes, /regulations and Policies;
- Prepare and manage the legal department’s filing system including the University’s legal documents database for contracts, agreements, litigation history, licenses and registrations among other related documents. This will include managing the legal documents registry and ensuring proper maintenance of the database/registry and conduct checks to ensure it is up to date.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- A Bachelors of Laws (LLB) degree;
- Post Graduate Diploma of Law from Kenya School of Law;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Current Practising Certificate 2021;
- CPS(K) qualification will be an added advantage;
- At least Two (2) years’ post-admission experience
Competencies and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to weigh legal aspects and situations and provide sound solutions
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Associate Governance, Regulatory and Legal Services” on the subject line to email@example.com by 8th February, 2021.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.