Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Reports to: Nursing Officer In-charge
Purpose: Interface with the patient to create the first impression of the quality of the clinical services.
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Ensure Cleanliness of all the working areas in the facility, as well as adhere to infection-control policies and protocols administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Document patient care services by charting all patient and department records. Also Maintain continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Must have the competence to Perform all Nursing procedures when required.
These include but not limited to:
- Triaging all patients and Interpretation of the Vital signs
- Administration of prescribed meds
- Immunization, Growth monitoring and interpretation of growth Charts
- Maintaining the cold chain for vaccines
- Wound cleaning
- Reciting Cannulas and administration of intravenous drug
- Give the relevant Health Education and Promotion within the scope of nursing, when required
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, continuous medical Education and participating in professional societies.
- Follow up of patients to ascertain Progress and ensure that there is no loss of follow up on Immunization schedules
- Compiling Daily reports of all activities and incidences in the health facility
- Perform any other legal Duties as required by the facility
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent Customer service
- Integrity and a professional attitude.
- Excellent computer skills and an understanding of Health Management Information systems (HMIS)
- Ability to adapt easily and quickly to change.
- The ability to Empathize and express Compassion to patients
- Computer Literacy: Basic computer skills like Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as experience in the use of HMIS
- Previous experience with private vaccines
- Paediatric experience is an added advantage.
- A Diploma in Nursing from a recognized Training institution.
- Must Possess a registration certificate from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Must Possess a valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Must Possess a Kenyan National identity Card
Other Relevant Training:
Basic Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, First Aid, Advanced Cardiac Life Support.