Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Fresh Life Initiative (FLI) is an award-winning social venture that makes hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban slums for everyone, forever. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, training, marketing and business analytics. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Working with our sanitation partners we convert the waste into valuable by-products,such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms. Since November 2011, we have launched over 3000 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of 2500 micro-entrepreneurs and we collect and convert over 9000 tons of waste annually.
The company seeks to recruit a QHSE intern who will support coordination of quality, health, safety and environmental activities in the organization.
Recruitment for this position is part of a very special project called the Off-Grid Talent Initiative, run by Shortlist in partnership with UKAID and the Carbon Trust. If you are hired for the position, not only will you join your new company but you will also become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders’ Community. This includes mentorship, peer network support, online training and other exclusive resources, as well as follow up over the length of your contract. Apply today, begin a career in the renewable energy industry with your new company, and become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and assessment of Sanitation Safety Planning(SSP)
- Development and implementation of an ergonomic OSH policy for labour-intensive roles
- Assist in the development of robust, functioning and measurable training setup tackling staff development on QHSE competencies
- Improved health, safety and environment internal compliance based on metrics Improved workplace HSE compliance of all FLI satellite sites
- Increased organisational awareness and appreciation of QHSE services
- Develop a quicker and more accurate method of conducting QA checks on ready concrete parts
- Assist in developing waste management strategies especially for handling of concrete and tile (construction) waste
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field such as environmental Engineering, Biological Sciences, Occupational Health and Safety studies.
- Ability to undertake risk assessment- Job safety analysis.
- Data collection and Analysis- Excel (willing to train).
- High level of diligence and attention to detail due to the nature of the work and what it entails (overall employee well being and safety).
- Highly organized and able to prioritize action items based on the needs and urgency into short, mid-term, and long term.
- Experience in Project Management tools, preferably Autodesk.
- Authoritative and Firm- Able to follow through with the various stakeholders on areas that need their action promptly and effectively. Be in a position to note and escalate these points of action as soon as they are detected.
- Great communicator- who is able to manage multi-stakeholder relationships across the organization. Great oratory and writing skills as most of the communication in the organization are on email.
- Agility- The organization is fast-paced and dynamic, things move really fast and one has to keep up.
- Someone who is teachable and collaborative- willing and able to learn from others, willing to ask for help, and approach others when necessary. Able to communicate action points to the required parties for their action.
- Able to take ownership of their work and decisions.
- Proactive, able to contribute ideas and suggestions to improvements and processes.
Apply by 07 March 2021