Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Diagnostic and Laboratory Systems Program within the Division of Global Health Protection is
seeking applications from energetic, motivated and innovative candidates to become part of the
molecular section within the DSLP laboratory. The successful applicant will be in charge of all
molecular section activities and also take lead in Next generation sequencing in the laboratory.
Position: Laboratory Analyst –J/G KMR 6 (4 position)
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
LOCATION : Nairobi and Kisumu
The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms/specimens;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving/collecting, labeling and registering patients specimens;
- Preparing laboratory reagents;
- Examining specimens;
- Maintaining equipment and reagents;
- Supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilization of apparatus;
- Writing and recording results;
- Processing the specimen according to the specified Standard Operating Procedures
- Disinfecting, washing and sterilizing laboratory apparatus;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- At Least eight (8) years relevant work experience;
- Diploma in any of the following fields: Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Laboratory
Technology, Biotechnology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized
Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields;
- Medical Laboratory Sciences Laboratory Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry,
Microbiology, Medical Laboratory Technology or Biotechnology or any other equivalent
qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and
Technologists Board (KMLTTB) where applicable; or any other recognized regulatory
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists
where applicable; and
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated work performance and results; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical Skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Terms of Employment: A one-year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a
probation period for the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Salary is negotiable within the appropriate KEMRI pay grade depending on
education and experience
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Three letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the
- Copies of Certificates, Diplomas or Transcripts
- Must include a copy of Certificate of good conduct
- Must have KRA Certificate of Tax compliance
- Must have Clearance Certificate from HELB
- Must have credit reference Bureau Certificate
Apply to Deputy Director, CGHR, P.O. Box 1578-40100, Kisumu not later than February 24,
2021 and send by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI/CGHR DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS
SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF
OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.