Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II- ANIMAL AND HUMAN HEALTH
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Associates to efficiently progress molecular analysis of SARS-Cov-2 samples and enhance throughput. ILRI is currently supporting the Government of Kenya’s response to and control of COVID-19 pandemic by providing testing and genomic surveillance of SARS-Cov 2 virus within the institute’s laboratories.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centers dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
- Receiving and logging in of samples brought to the ILRI laboratories for testing
- Performing RT-PCR testing on Covid-19 samples
- Creating and regularly updating a clinical database for logging in results
- Prepare sequencing library for SARS-Cov-2 positive samples and sequence
- Analyse the sequence data and call variants for surveillance
- Create a searchable sequence database for pathogen genome analysis
- Reporting results to the lead scientist for quality checks
- Bachelor of science in Molecular biology, computer science, Data management, genomics
- 2 years’ relevant experience in high throughput genomic science and data analysis
- Experience in Molecular biology, computer science, Data management, genomics
- Experience working in a laboratory setting;
- Experience with, molecular biology and genetics;
- Experience developing databases;
- Ability to communicate effectively, work independently and work productively in a multidisciplinary, multicultural team;
- Strong English language skills, both written and spoken.
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 11 and it is only open to Kenyan nationals. The position on a 1-year fixed term contract. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances.
How to apply
Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on “Apply Now” on or before 9 February 2021. The position title and reference number REF: RA-/AHH/01/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/