Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FACILITATORS FOR THE APHRC TRAINING PROGRAM.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research. Our researchers address critical development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and wellbeing. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policymakers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa
The Training Unit in the Research Capacity Strengthening (RCS) Division seeks to build a database of prequalified highly skilled facilitators for engagement in our short course offerings over the next 2 years (2021-2022). The courses will be offered face-to-face, via virtual platforms (e.g., zoom), or blended depending on need. Successful candidates will be shortlisted for 2 years and will be engaged based on specific ToRs for specific training. Whenever engaged, the successful candidate(s) will be expected to be present (including virtually if the course is not offered in-person) throughout the period of the workshop. The candidate is also expected to participate in a 2-hour Training of Trainer (ToT) session that precedes the workshop
The following is a list of short courses from which applicants should identify the ones to facilitate:
- Advanced Research Methods
- Effective Supervision of Postgraduates
- Grant Proposal Writing
- Impact Evaluation
- Implementation Research
- Introduction to Statistics for Health Research
- Mastering Qualitative Research Methods
- Mixed Methods Research
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Multilevel Modeling (HLM)
- Policy Engagement & Communication
- Qualitative Data Analysis Using NVivo
- Quantitative Data Analysis Using R/Stata
- Research Conceptualization
- Research Governance and Management
- Scientific Writing and Publishing
- Social Network Analysis
- Survey Design
- Survival Analysis
- Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Scope of Work
- Prepare training curriculum including course materials and share with Training Coordinator at least a week prior to the workshop
- Facilitate course sessions during the length of the workshop
- Be present during the workshop to serve as an expert resource to participants
- Review and provide feedback to participants during individual/group exercise and feedback sessions
- Provide a short (~ 2 pages) reflective report post-training
Required Skills & Experience
- High level training in the course focus area (e.g., for Quantitative Data Analysis & Visualization Using R Software, a PhD level training in biostatistics, health, or relevant field of study is required)
- Demonstrated prior experience in delivering a similar course (e.g., experience in facilitating similar or closely related course, or teaching similar content as part of a university course)
- Experience conducting short course training for diverse adult audiences (e.g., graduate students, post-docs, early career researchers, or other practicing researchers)
- At least 10 publications in peer-reviewed journals and over 20 conference presentations (e.g., for a course such as Scientific Writing & Publishing and Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis)
- Demonstrated excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience in health-related research is an added advantage
Interested candidates to send application documents to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In addition, all applicants should complete an online survey focusing on details of courses to be facilitated.
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.