Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BILINGUAL HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with a West Africa regional office based in Dakar, Senegal. APHRC conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa. We seek to recruit a Human Resources Officer to support the day-to-day activities of our Human Resources unit in order for HR operations to run smoothly. The position will be based at the regional office in Dakar and will also support HR processes in other areas in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Participate in talent acquisition, on boarding new hires, performance management and retention;
- Manage the processes for application for work permits, duty exemptions, visas etc. for expatriates;
- Participate in the development, review and implementation/enforcement of HR policies and procedures;
- Maintain employee records and keeping them confidential;
- Update internal databases with new hire information;
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics;
- Organize for team building events;
- Support audit processes; and
- Manage staff welfare schemes and initiatives.
Skills and experience requirements
- BSc in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- 3 years’ post-qualification work experience as a HR Officer, preferably in an NGO.
- Knowledge of Kenya and/or Senegal labor laws.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Familiarity with any Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) software.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and CV in English through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by February 19, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted; shortlisted candidates will be required to have a Police Clearance Certificate. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of vulnerable persons.