Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Chemonics seeks a Warehousing and Distribution Manager to support the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Kenya. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID: 1) procures and provides health commodities; 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain; and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Warehousing & Distribution Manager is responsible for monitoring and completing warehousing and distribution tasks related to project management, data collection, aggregation and analysis, technical capacity, and management and leadership to achieve Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) objectives. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- · Determine and ensure availability of storage space and necessary requirement
- · Facilitate processes that will ensure effective receipt and storage of commodities from suppliers while maintaining high quality standards
- · Establish distribution plans based on orders received from health facilities and the established schedules
- · Coordinate picking and packing of health commodities
- · Organize the leading and distribution of the packed orders
- · Institute routine physical inventory count
- · Oversee updates to inventory records in the warehouse after every transactio
- · Provide relevant day-to-day support through financial management and development of new or improved budget analysis tools
- · Collaborate with team members to learn and implement work undertaken in warehousing and distribution optimization activities
- · Provide client relationship management support, including responding to client requests and supporting client meeting logistics
- · Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- · Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in international development, public health, business, or another related field preferred
- · Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience required
- · Fluency in critical project management skills, including budget management, contractual compliance, client relations, and client management
- · Proficient use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), as well as experience with other data management and analysis software
- · Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- · Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contributions to end results
- · Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- · Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- · Fluency in English required; secondary language proficiency preferred.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Warehousing and Distribution Manager” in the subject line to PSMKenyaRecruit@chemonics.com by February 19, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.