Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and county interests amongst other functions (Section20).
For better execution of its mandate, the Council of Governors is established in various sectorial working Committees and Departments. To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit an Intern to support the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee at the Council:
2.0 Scope of Assignments
Support the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee in monitoring best practices and emerging trends and technologies with respect to Urban Planning.
The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the day to day activities of the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee at the Council;
• Analysis, review and monitoring of all policies and legislation at national and county levels relating to the Urban Development Committee, Planning and Lands Committee;
• Conduct research work, analysis of documents and preparation of position papers, policy briefs, success stories in the Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee;
• Analysis of how various functions are to be performed by both levels of government to support Urban Development and to;
• Assist in coordination and harmonization of CoG positions and priorities on Land administration and management matters;
• Representing the Council of Governors externally at events and with external stakeholders;
• Serve as point of contact for day-to-day management issues of Land administration and management within the Council of Governors;
• Assist in handling and monitoring all matters relating to the management and sustainability of urban areas and cities within Counties;
• Assist to gather information on matters related to land survey and mapping;
• Supporting in seeking for transparent, sustainable, and accountable solutions for subdividing and transferring of land;
• Assist in coordinating and gathering details of conference timelines and ensuring that deadlines are met;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Assignments will be task managed by the Council of Governors Committee supervised by and reporting to the Program Assistant – Urban Planning, Housing, Development, Lands, Infrastructure & Energy Committee.
Duration of the assignment
The internship duration is for a period of six (6) months.
4.0 Required Qualifications
• Have a Bachelor Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from a recognized Institution;
• Certificate in Computer applications.
• Experienced in undertaking comprehensive research;
• Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
• A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; and
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested persons should send their CV with names and addresses of three referees and Cover letter ONLY to email@example.com on or before Friday 12th February, 2021, indicating the name of the position applying for in the subject on the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer.
Persons living with disabilities and Persons from the marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.