Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Service Assurance Analyst
Job Title Service Assurance Analyst
Department/ Division: Service Quality Assurance department
Job Grade: Officer
Reports to: Service Assurance Manager
Direct Reports: 0
Reporting to the Service Assurance Manager, the role holder will be expected to act as a subject matter expert for Software assurance focusing on post-production acceptance testing, business process testing, pilot testing and Beta Testing. The role holder will ensure business/System services Deployed to the production environment are working as expected by carrying out periodic validations and monitoring. Ensures business users are trained, product manuals or Job cards provided. Lead Post-production testing including pilot testing, Disaster recovery (DR) testing, conduct business process testing and compliance test/validations. The Service assurance Analyst will assist the Service Assurance Manager in the day to day management of the service assurance strategy, developing or maintenance of service validation artifacts and activation of all test Ser vice assurance processes.
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- UAT Resource management – Resource planning, Test prioritization and effort allocation & control, review product artifiacts; execute service assurance strategy, participate in production Service monitoring & Evaluation
- Lead service assurance Planning, Monitoring & Control -post-production validation scoping; risk identification / assessment and mitigation; prioritization based on risk, business process compliance; Ensure required device setup and availability.
- Participate in Service assurance strategy review, production service validation scoping, (approach to be used production service validation and monitoring e.g. – functional, non-functional, compliance testing, Disaster recover (DR) testing customer experience testing /user experience testing etc.)
- Service assurance Reporting – Ensure comprehensive summary reports; defect reporting; defect triage meetings; evaluate acceptance, suspension & resumption criteria; review quality recommendations; Review UAT artifacts as product is transitioned to production environment.
- Give recommendations on tests carried out to improve customer experience, follow up on post-production issues, and Support transition from UAT to Production.
- Ensures business users are trained, product manuals provide, field testing conducted, business process testing completed and monitors of product during pilot testing.
- Advise stakeholders by communicating identified production system defect/issues to improve service delivery testing.
- Develop test scenarios based on business process flows.
- Perform data preparation activities to support post-production testing.
- Execute Post-production test cases and report test outcomes.
- Identification and analysis of software defects/issues within the production environment
- Maintain and track defect/issue log and ensure it is always up-to-date and communicated to the required stakeholders.
- Work with client services to ensure the quality of delivered software as well as ensuring timely bug resolution.
- Excellent understanding of testing and service assurance lifecycle.
- Excellent knowledge of testing principles and methodologies.
- Expert knowledge; exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness. Should Leads the validations of advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts
Key Critical Competencies
- Solid understanding of the SDLC methodology and ability to work across all development methodologies
- Experience in manual testing at levels of Unit & System functional tests
- Have strong SQL skills and is able to confidently test batch processes
- Have the ability to manage design issues and offer solutions in order to ensure delivery of software requirements within set deadlines.
- Able to work with little or no documentation and is able to develop understanding of solutions in order to sufficiently test solution that is fit for purpose.
- The ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels in both verbal and written communications.
- The ability to work within and contribute to a team environment and also build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, users and colleagues within the wider project team.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and manage your own workload to meet deadlines.
- Strong MS PowerPoint (or equivalent) tooling and general office automation/productivity tooling (e.g. MS Office) skill with capability to produce professional presentations and analysis using MS Excel.
- Strong service oriented mind-set.
- Comfortable with creating test scenarios for highly complex systems to ensure full test coverage (for a given definition of scope)
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment, perform a role outside of their comfort zone and meet deadlines
- Ability to improve existing processes and techniques.
- Excellent organization, planning, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Information gathering and monitoring skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- ISEB / ISTQB qualification in Software Testing to practitioner level or equivalent qualifications or experience (Preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Related IT field with a minimum of 3 years’ working experience in testing field.
- Banking Experience (Preferred).