Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Company Name: Nation Media Group
Job Type: Full Time
The Nation Media Group (NMG) founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1959 has become the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa. It has been quoted on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since the early 1970s. As the leading multi-media house in the East African region, it has print as well as electronic media and the Internet which attracts a regular readership quite unparalleled in the region.
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of Courier Sales Supervisor in the Nation Carriers Division:
Reporting to the Head of Circulation & Distribution, the job holder will be responsible for selling, planning, coordinating and supervising the work of courier sales team to generate and meet agreed individual and teams’ set courier sales and collection targets.
- Developing annual courier growth plans and budgets;
- Sourcing of courier business in line with the courier sales strategy;
- Maximizing volume and revenue through sales for increased profitability;
- Maintaining good customer relations through regular customer visits;
- Ensuring prompt debt collection within the agreed credit period;
- Identifying and supporting courier sales agents;
- Maintaining close liaison with relevant departments and making monthly sales and collection reports to the Head of Circulation & Distribution;
- Carrying out regular sales meetings with staff to review sales progress, maintaining good employee relations to ensure the highest degree of morale and discipline and providing results driven leadership;
- Maintaining sales contacts with appropriate representatives of major courier clients and ensuring follow-up and amicable resolution of complaints/issues and keeping the Head of Circulation & Distribution informed;
- Liaising closely with the Dispatch & Logistics Manager for daily transport requirements to meet customer demands;
- Generating new ideas for development of Courier sales, discussing them with the team, planning and implementing them.
- Basic University Degree
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- 5 years of relevant work experience. Experience in courier operations will be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation;
- Possess analytical and administrative skills;
- Possess people management skills.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online on or before February 12, 2021.