Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are recruiting one individual through our affiliated international NGO Global Programs for Research & Training to serve in the position of Finance Officer to be based in Nairobi. This position requires a one-year commitment, with the potential for extension at the end of the period, subject to funding availability.
The Finance Officer, under the supervision of the Finance Manager, is responsible for providing financial management support to programs and projects supported by Global Programs in Kenya. Specifically, the Finance Officer will be responsible for:
- · Reviewing payment vouchers to ensuring completeness, accuracy, reasonability and validity and compliance to donor regulations
- · Input accounting data into the financial management system with a key emphasis on data integrity
- · Initiate online payments in the bank and via mpesa including payroll and related remittances
- · Coordinate payment approval with account signatories.
- · Review bank and mpesa account activity on a daily basis and generate reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- · Generate monthly financial statements as well as other statements and reports
- · Maintain finance and accounting files for the office.
- · Liaise with external and internal auditors to provide information as requested.
- · Ensure compliance with finance, procurement and related manuals and policies and propose changes as needed.
- · Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues.
- · Review financial paperwork and procedures and make recommendation for change
- · Provide information and assistance to staff as needed
- · Ensure the organization is compliant with all statutory requirements
- · Monthly reconciliations of the GL and iTax ledger accounts.
- · Assist Finance Manager with various duties and special assignments.
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounts or Economics
- · Professional qualification as a CFA/CPA is considered a plus
- · Knowledge of financial regulations
- · Experience working in a finance and administration role within an NGO environment
- · Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience working with any accounting software will be an added advantage
- · Sharp time management skills and keen to details.
- · Strong ethics, with the ability to manage confidential data
- · Ability to work under minimal supervision and meet deadline
- · Team player who is flexible with their work approach
Qualified Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. All applications must include the following:
· Cover letter
· Current CV with names and telephone numbers for three referees
Applications must be sent by email to HR.Kenya@ucglobalprograms.org with the email subject Finance Officer by Friday, February 19, 2021.