Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BURN is looking to hire a dedicated Grant Writer to write grant proposals for our organization. The Grant Writer will write clear, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
The success in this role is dependent on the position holder possessing excellent research skills, the ability to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to BURN’s mission. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for researching and developing a portfolio of donors.
- Responsible for identifying, planning, writing, preparing and presenting grant proposals and accompanying materials (including budgets and timelines), as well as completing appropriate follow-through and stewardship for multiple grants/gifts.
- Manages the proposal development and submission process; writing and preparing grant proposals, reports and other well-written, compelling and consistent documents that meet strategic direction and funding needs of the BURN while aligning with donor goals.
- Executes tailored solicitation, cultivation and stewardship plans for each grant to ensure that revenue goals are met and mission priorities are funded.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and products.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Administration, Public Relations, Communication, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- At least three (3) years of grant writing/reporting experience
- History of soliciting and winning government grants;
- Experience developing budgets and outcomes/deliverables
- Strong critical thinking, judgment and strategic decision-making
- Experience with M&E and building/maintaining budgets
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Apply by 30 March 2021