Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under supervision of the Deputy General Manager Commercial, the North Corridor Sales Manager role will be to develop new business opportunities within the market by leading the sales team in Kenya corridor which covers; Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan and Congo to achieve given objectives.
Main duties will be planning and executing sales, marketing and product development programs that will meet pre-determined targets and increase our market share.
Main tasks and Responsibility
- Develop and implement an effective sales strategy approved by Head Office, Regional Office and Commercial Director and deliver on sales targets, Value Added Service, Cross-selling for the designated market.
- Leverage understanding of the local business environment to support the development of a successful sales strategy.
- Set a clear and actionable strategy for the assigned sales team and develop innovative plans to achieve goals in line with the CMA CGM Line global sales strategy.
- Attract and retain strong sales talent through clear deployment of objectives, competency development and coaching.
- Ensure optimal activity management and account management to truly understand our customers and their needs.
- Ensure adherence to Sales minimum standards including the amount and quality of sales calls and pipeline management.
- Identify, Handle and follow up local key VIP customers to ensure efficiency
- Handle/follow up big accounts and tenders with HO and monitor their support
- Lead, manage, monitor and follow up each agency performance to achieve targets/budget set by the HO
- Send weekly & monthly report/stat to Kenya cluster management, HO & DRO
- Follow up closely vessel performances to ensure that weekly allocation is reached for each service
- Analyze and challenges sales team in regards of lost accounts and agency performance
- Promote CMA CGM group though shipping line events
- Contribute to business development project (Inland, depots) by elaborating business plan
- Key contact person for all local authorities matters related to business development project
- Work closely with customer care, logistic and intermodal department to ensure prompt action on client’s issues/challenges
- Provide weekly forecast to logistic department for container supply plan
- Work closely with finance team and involve the sales team on the collection
- Lead and follow up cross sell business between CMA CGM & CEVA
- Ensure Competitive and Business Intelligence;
- Key entry point for import/export TBL development out of Uganda & South Sudan
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Qualification:
- At least 7 years previous experience as a Sales Manager and Marketing role
- Ability to work on own initiative and build good working relationships
- Professional and methodical approach to work.
- Excellent negotiation, listening, probing and closing skills.
- Communication – Ability to convey, receive and share information to ensure mutual understanding internally and externally across all levels.
- General Management – Ability to structure and optimize the use of resources and decision making in pursuit of agreed objectives
- Excellent presentation, communication, IT, administrative and pack office Skills.
- Effective planning and attention to detail is a must for this role.
- Data analysis and diagnosis.
- Knowledge of commercial policies and offers
- Customer knowledge
- Commercial relations.