Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Date of issue: 10th Feb 2021
Deadline for application: 24th Feb 2021
Duty Station: Coordination Office, Nairobi
Length of contract: 12 months renewable
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to health care. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
MSF France Kenya is looking to fill the position of a Logistics Supervisor based in Nairobi. The successful candidate will report to the Deputy Logistics Coordinator and will supervise the drivers and courier.
Objective of the Position:
To supervise the daily logistics activities and provide maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
Tasks & Responsibilities
include but not limited to:
- Fleet Management Supervision – Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all vehicles according to MSF standards; Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks. Organizes and monitors vehicle movements
- Facility management and asset inventory – Under the line manager’s supervision and instructions: Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities through daily visits and reporting any anomalies/problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs; following up minor building rehabilitation work; checking that premises observe security norms; monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Warehousing and storekeeping – According to MSF supply procedures: managing and following up orders; providing technical support to the storekeeper, makes local purchases and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material
- Security and safety – Regularly checks and verifies the security services provided at the residential compounds and coordination office, discussing any concerns or remarks with the residents and supervisor
- Human Resource Management – team management, individual reviews, training his/her team
- Logistics administration and reporting – Assists the Deputy Logco with the follow up of logistics budgets and revisions; expenses/realization; preparation of the monthly cash request
- Together with the line manager and according to MSF standars: planning the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up; Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructure; management of non-medical stocks and equipment
- Due to MSF nature of activities; other duties as assigned by the Supervisor like participating in emergency response as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to email a motivation letter and updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file by 24th Feb 2021 to email@example.com and mention on the subject line “Logistics Supervisor”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.
We will not reply to questions about the position. All necessary information can be found in this vacancy announcement.