Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company for Commercial and Industrial (C&I) solar projects in Africa. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
We uniquely combine our mission – to build Africa’s future energy system, while improving lives through smarter power – with technical, on-the-ground expertise and an innovative business model. We build, own and operate AC micro-grids and C&I solar projects to bring power to residential, commercial and industrial customers. With over 120 employees, a 7,500 sq. ft. workshop and headquarters in Nairobi, offices in Tanzania, Nigeria and Sierra Leone, PowerGen is building a company that is set to have an impact on the energy sector in Africa for years to come.
- Responsible for project origination across the Business Units through the identification and packaging of different market-specific value propositions.
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs), developing and drafting project proposals for solar and solar plus storage solutions.
- Build strong relationships with project financiers.
- Responsible for negotiation with clients for EPC contracts and facilitate deal closure.
Project Development and Management
- Manage sales processes and interfaces with various teams (Project Execution and Finance) across different Business Units.
- Oversee the preparation of quotes for various EPC projects, performing cost analysis and comparison with competitor prices.
- Manage client relationships and ensure that their needs and requirements are met during project execution.
- Perform regular check-ins with Project Managers to gauge project progress, ensuring that they are on schedule and under budget.
- Manage the handover of projects to Project Execution teams by streamlining existing processes and supporting them after contract signing.
- Manage EPC contracts with the support of the legal and technical teams.
- Build and manage relationships with key partners across the private and public sectors, academia, and governmental institutions to explore C&I projects across sub-Saharan Africa.
- Represent PowerGen at industry events, identify and cultivate important partnerships.
- Develop marketing campaigns, lobbying and public relations for commercial and industrial projects.
- University degree
- 3+ years’ work experience in business development
- 2+ years’ work experience in renewable energy
- Experience in the energy, clean tech, or utility sectors in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in Office365 or Google Workspace products
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Fluency in French is a plus
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
We are a mission-driven team passionate about solving energy access in Africa!