Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Research Assistant (4) at Amref Health Africa.
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s
vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa
by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref
Health Africa please visit www.amref.org
Amref Health Africa-Kenya, through a PEPFAR grant, is setting up a research study aimed at determining
SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence among People Living with HIV (PLHIV) at national level and within selected
sentinel counties, using remnant viral load samples available at viral load laboratories supported by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Main purpose of the job
Coordinates sampling of remnant VL samples, packages and ships samples to the KEMRI Kisumu HIV Research Laboratory for testing.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop sample shipment SOP;
• Sample the remnant VL plasma samples, label and ship as per the study protocol;
• Document and maintain the shipment logs and manifest;
• Document all problems encountered with samples, take necessary immediate action, forward them for further action;
• Observe GCP/GCLP to ensure quality work is attained;
• Ensure adequate stocks of reagents and other consumables are available, and track usage;
• Maintain laboratory QC/QA in the performance of assigned duties; and
• Ensure proper operational procedures, laboratory safety precautions and waste management
procedures are maintained and adhered to in the laboratory
• Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences as a minimum
• Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
• Current KMLTTB practicing license
Desired experience, skills and competencies:
• At least 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Experience with sample export and shipment;
• Skills in sampling of blood and blood products
• Good clinical and laboratory practices training (GCLP);
• Ability to maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards;
• Knowledge of planning and scheduling;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Ability to understand and apply laboratory research procedures and protocols;
• ICT proficient including analytical programmes and database applications
• Knowledge of Laboratory data and inventory management
• Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
How to apply
Interested? APPLY. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application.
Deadline for submission: 17th February 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.