Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s
vision is for lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa
by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. For more on Amref
Health Africa please visit www.amref.org.
Amref Health Africa-Kenya, through a PEPFAR grant, is setting up a research study aimed at determining
SARS-CoV-2 seroprevalence among People Living with HIV (PLHIV) at national level and within selected
sentinel counties, using remnant viral load samples available at viral load laboratories supported by the
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Main purpose of the job
Maintain daily oversight of study implementation and coordinate study related activities to ensure they
are performed in accordance with the donor requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop study materials and tools necessary to appropriately train individuals involved in the study implementation.
• Ensure all key personnel or persons engaged in the study have met essential training requirements.
• Supervise and coordinate research assistants to meet the study expectations in a timely manner while maintaining the expected quality standards
• Plan and coordinate the initiation of the study protocol, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures.
• Facilitate monitoring and auditing visits, respond to any audit findings and implement approved recommendations.
• Ensure data is collected as required by the protocol.
• Maintain study timelines.
• Maintain an adequate inventory of study supplies.
• Complete study documentation and maintain study files according to laid down procedures
• Retain all study records in accordance with sponsor requirements and project policies and procedures.
• Maintain effective and ongoing communication with the sponsor and the PI during the course of the study.
• Collaborate with the PI to prepare and review the budget justification.
• Collaborate with the PI in submission of accurate and timely close-out documents to the sponsoring agency
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health or Social Sciences equivalent from a recognized training institution. A Master’s degree in Public Health would be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated understanding of research survey design and basic data analysis
• Knowledge of concepts of public health, epidemiology and surveillance
Desired experience, skills and competencies:
• Minimum of five years’ progressive professional experience in public health surveillance preferably in PEPFAR supported programmes;
• Experience with Viral Load testing laboratories and sample referral networks
• Experience in writing and updating protocols and procedures relating to surveillance, and in data collection, storage, reporting, sharing and dissemination.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize, work under deadlines, work with minimal supervision and multitask
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
• Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g., STATA, SAS, R, etc.) preferred
• ICT Proficient including use of analytical programmes
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
How to apply
Interested? APPLY. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account successfully in order for you to be able to submit your application. Please note that you will receive an email confirmation for creation of account and an acknowledgment email upon submitting your application.
Deadline for submission: 17th February 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and have not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.