Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
National Transport Safety Coordinator at Bamburi Cement Limited.
About Bamburi Cement Ltd.
Bamburi Cement Ltd is a member of LafargeHolcim, the world’s global leader in building solutions.
Bamburi Cement is the leading cement manufacturing and marketing company in the Eastern Africa
region. It has three subsidiaries Hima Cement Ltd (Uganda), Bamburi Special Products Ltd and Lafarge
Eco Systems Ltd. The company is driven by the needs of its customers, shareholders, local communities
and architects in creating high value-added solutions which encourage creativity whilst leaving a lighter
trace on the world.
Bamburi Cement Limited is looking to employ a National Transport Safety Coordinator to join our
Logistics Team. The role reports to the Logistic Operations Manager and requires frequent and extensive
travel within the country.
1. Championing Contractor Management by ensuring Contractor Safety Management standards are
implemented in the transporter contracting process and throughout the life of the contract.
2. Coordinate and conduct regular engagements within Transport and Logistics service providers to ensure
compliance and commitment to Transport Safety Standards.
3. Track, monitor and report Transporters safety KPIs with an aim to identify and drive continuous
improvement in Safety performance.
4. Design and Implement standards for vehicle selection and maintenance that are consistent with
established best practices within this area.
5. Management of iVMS/GPS tracking systems, including supervision of the Fleet Management Centers
6. Collaborate with contracted Transport Providers as well as site managers, set standards and ensure
compliance in driver selection, recruitment and certification.
7. Implement the company’s annual transporters safety plan
8. Oversee investigation and reporting procedure for all transportation accidents and design of remediation
plans as required.
9. Ensure compliance to transport safety procedures during pre-loading/off-loading of all vehicles in all
flows before entry into our sites.
You will contribute to ensuring that Bamburi Cement achieves its goal of Zero Harm in Transport
- Zero Fatalities
- Zero Lost-Time Accidents
- Zero regulatory safety non-compliance incidents
This job may be for you if you have:
- A degree preferably in Engineering or Science related course or professional qualifications such as
Diploma in Logistics/ Procurement/ Health and Safety with 5 years’ experience in management of
road or transport safety within Logistics or Health & Safety.
- Experience with managing teams and designing performance standards at an individual and
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Transporter Safety Standards
- Experience with Transporter/Logistics information systems to drive Health and Safety
- Have more than 5 years driving experience.
- The ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and sponsor new approaches and
technology to promote efficiency
- Registration with recognized local or international Safety institutions would be an added advantage.
While you help us deliver world-class construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic
working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional
Do you have the drive, the skills, and the passion to join us? If you are interested in joining our team,
please send your Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae containing names of three referees who
can provide confidential assessment of your capabilities by 28th February 2021 to the address below
email@example.com Please remember to quote the position on the email
For more information, please visit our website www.lafarge.co.ke
Bamburi Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.