Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy: CGHR /178/02/21
Program Description: The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be conducting a large community-based study of Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait (ATSB) aimed at reducing malaria transmission in western Kenya. The 3-year project is part of a larger international ATSB consortium involving three countries in Africa, and international partners in the UK and USA. As part of this effort, KEMRI is searching for an exceptional trial manager with three years of relevant work experience to lead the study team.
J/G KMR 10, No of Positions: 6
Location: Alego Usonga
Reports to: Research Scientist
The Community Interviewer will report directly to the Research Scientist, he/she will be responsible for consenting study participants, collecting timely and accurate data in his/her assigned households. S/he must be flexible and work within the existing structure, in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity
- O-level Secondary Education with a Minimum grade of C-(Minus)
- Good English, Swahili and Dholuo, both spoken and written
- Ability to ride a motorcycle
- Knowledge of office computer packages or ability to work with smart phones
- Must be able to write brief reports and keep records.
- MUST be a resident or willing to live and work in Alego Usonga
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities.
The Community Interviewers’ responsibilities shall include and not be limited to the following:
- Consent study participants
- Collect a blood sample by fingerpick (adults) and/or heelprick (infants)
- Prepare a Dried Blood Spots (DBS) on filter paper
- Prepare Blood slides (BS)
- Perform a Malaria RDT.
- Complete study forms accurately and completely
- Ensure proper labelling, storage and tracking of samples and work with the Research
- Scientist to arrange for transport to the laboratory
- Conduct interviews with study participants within the study villages
- Communicate with the Research Scientist on field issues
- Ensure that one has requisite supplies in good time
- Attend study field meetings and report on progress of work
- Be courteous, respectful, proactive, conscientious, punctual, honest, and hardworking
- Work closely with the Data Manager to solve queries
- Perform any other duties assigned or delegated by the study management.
- Must be able to relate well with Ministry of Health staff and the community.
Terms of Employment: 1(one) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service with probation in the first 3 months.
Remuneration: Salary is negotiable within the appropriate KEMRI pay grade depending on education and experience
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Letters of reference from your referees
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Applications should be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 3, 2021 and indicate the vacancy number as the email subject.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted