Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Vacancy: CGHR /177/02/21
Program description: The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will be conducting a large community-based study of Attractive Targeted Sugar Bait (ATSB) aimed at reducing malaria transmission in western Kenya. The 3-year project is part of a larger international ATSB consortium involving three countries in Africa, and international partners in the UK and USA. As part of this effort, KEMRI is searching for an exceptional trial manager with three years of relevant work experience to lead the study team
POSITION:Data Specialist (1position) J/G KMR 8
Reports to: Data Analyst
- Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics from a recognized institution
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Experience working with relational database management systems
- Experience in data cleaning and validation
- Experience in source data verification other quality control activities
- Attention to details and good work ethic
- Good judgment in problem solving, awareness of own limitations and strong internal motivation
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet set deadlines
- Must have good organizational skills
- Flexible and able to work well with minimum supervision
Reporting to the Data Analyst, the Data Specialist will be responsible for the data management procedures of the various sites within the study area. S/he will be expected to work on various databases and therefore should be able to prioritize tasks to meet set deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct 100% source data verification, validation, and discrepancy management
- Perform data cleaning and quality assurance and control
- Ensure all missing data are captured in compliance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards and within strict study timelines
- Ensure that data is routinely backed up, anti-virus scans are conducted, and security measures are adhered to in order to protect data
- Troubleshoot and solve common electronic data capture system problems
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and validation
- Ensure timely response to data requests
- Provide field support to the study teams, as needed
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
Terms of Employment: 1(one) year contract as per KEMRI scheme of service and a Probation period for the first 3 months. Salary negotiable within the appropriate grade depending on education, experience and demonstrated competency.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within the relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Letters of reference from your referees
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts
Applications should be sent through email@example.com no later than March 3, 2021 and indicate the vacancy number as the email subject.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; WOMEN AND DISABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS SELECTION PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY TO RELEVANT AUTHORITY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted