Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Organization Overview: Village Enterprise’s mission is to end extreme poverty in rural Africa through entrepreneurship and innovation. Village Enterprise targets the poor, provides business training, seed capital/startup funds, and on-going mentoring to over 10,000 new entrepreneurs to start 3,000 enterprises each year. Since its inception in 1987, Village Enterprise has started over 40,000 micro-enterprises.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Director of Talent Management (DTM), the Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for assisting in Village Enterprise recruiting and talent acquisition methods and strategies in line with the HR Strategic plan FY21 to FY23. He/She will responsible for finding, attracting and hiring new employees to fill open positions and meet the workforce needs and goals and ensuring HR activities are conducted in line with Village Enterprise policies and procedures and in accordance with Kenya employment laws.
Your primary job duties and responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of HR staffing plan
- Coordinating Staff recruitment/sourcing, Induction and retention
- Coordinate induction of new employees
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Implementation of HR Staffing Plan
- To execute all staff planning & recruitment activities to ensure adequate, timely & compliant delivery of services.
- Develop and/or review job descriptions in consultation with the hiring managers, in line with the headcount forecasting plan.
- Develop a database of all job descriptions.
- Develop and track goals for the recruiting and hiring process
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports and weekly updates to the Director of Talent Management
- Collect data on cost per hire and time-to-hire
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need, a strong talent pipeline
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Plan and implement a Recruitment Marketing and Employer Branding strategy to attract high quality applicants
- Coordinating Staff recruitment/Sourcing and Induction
- Responsible for attracting candidates, evaluating resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews and managing the hiring paperwork in consultation with hiring managers and the Director of Talent Management.
- Take full accountability for the end-to-end recruitment. Coordination of transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes in line with laws, rules and regulations
- Adhere to personal data privacy regulations
- Review, standardize and prepare recruitment materials including job descriptions, job specifications, adverts and interview questions for positions to be filled
- Carry out short listing, coordinate & participate in interviews
- Conduct interviews by phone or in person
- Use recruiting tools like tests and assignments to assess candidates’ skills
- Conduct reference checks with prospective candidates
- Maintain interview and hiring records
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Prepare and submit a report to the DTM on a weekly basis for the tasks completed or in progress
- Promote Village Enterprise reputation as “best place to work”
- Coordinate induction of new employees
- Contact new employees and prepare onboarding sessions in consultation with hiring manager and the Director of Talent Management
- Prepare new hire paperwork ensuring legislation requirements are met
- Manage all new hire employment forms
- Any other tasks that may be deemed necessary
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or other related academic discipline.
- At least 2 years of proven work experience as a Recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter)
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
- Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check etc)
- Excellent planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Strong communication, people management and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in working with international staff.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of applicant tracking and HRIS systems
- Ability to manage a wide range of relationships with a variety of stakeholders, build on trust.
- Ability to negotiate, advocate and influence effectively.