Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer-KOIL/GMD-CEO 02/2021
Our Client, Kenya Orient Insurance Limited (KOIL), is revered as one of the leading insurance companies in Kenya that offer general insurance to the public.
Kenya Orient Insurance Limitedand its subsidiariesoffer a wide range of products including General Insurance, Life Assurance, Asset Management, and are in the process of establishing Medical Insurance services. Their relentless effort of ensuring that the customer receives the finest has seen KOIL rewarded in becoming the 3rd out of the 40+ Insurance companies in Kenya to receive ISO certification 9001:2008.
To achieve its strategic agenda and dream, KOIL seeks to recruit a visionary leader for the position of Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Group Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for setting the overall strategic direction and leadership of KOIL to ensure that the company’s strategic goals and objectives are executed in line with its vision, mission, and values. S/He will manage operations and oversee the general performance of the KOIL subsidiaries while ensuring all legal, corporate governance and regulatory requirements are complied with.
- Formulate and effectively coordinate execution of business strategies in line with KOIL’s overall strategy and business plan;
- Serve as the principal officer between the KOIL Board of Directors and subsidiary Boards, ensuring comprehensive reporting on the performance of the subsidiary organisations;
- Lead in the formation, review, and implementation of the Group’s management structures, budgets, and work plans, policies, and procedures in line with the overall business objectives and stipulated industry regulations;
- Provide overall strategic direction on business performance and growth, as well as new investment opportunities to enhance profitability and shareholder value;
- Prepare accurate, timely, and regular periodic reports to the Board on the achievement of the planned business goals and make recommendations for improvements;
- Build and maintain an effective business relationships, partnerships, and networks for the good of the business;
- Establish an effective customer-centric strategies to win, grow and retain customer base while managing relationships with key partners, regulators, and other stakeholders; and
- Develop and champion a culture of high performance, integrity, and ethics across the business and its subsidiaries.
- Be a holder of a business-related Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Finance or related fields from a recognised institution;
- Have a Master’s Degree in the related fields from a recognized institution;
- Must possess relevant professional qualification(s) in Insurance, Actuarial, CFA, CPA (K), ACCA or ACA or any other relevant professional fields;
- Must be a member in good standing of a recognized and relevant professional body;
- Have knowledge and relevant work experience of not less Fifteen (15) years, with at least ten (10) years served in senior leadership position;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the insurance or financial services industry and a proven track record in business growth; and
- A thorough understanding of financial management, regulatory compliance, board management, with demonstrable commercial and investment acumen is essential to this role.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, and your resume, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email, and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than Friday 26 February 2021 addressed to the contact provided below. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal to be considered.
Kenya Orient Insurance Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see www.deloitte.com/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.