Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Required: One (1)
Lake Turkana Wind Power (LTWP) is a leading owner / operator of one of the largest and most prestigious power generating projects in Africa.
As part of its operations, LTWP undertakes regular maintenance of its facilities comprising of plant civil works, camps, roads, water systems, sewer systems, boreholes, and other structural elements through its Civil Works Team (CWT).
LTWP also undertakes Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through Winds of Change Foundation which involves construction projects.
LTWP is seeking to expand its CWT team by hiring an experienced Civil Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person as the selected candidate will form part of the nucleus of LTWP’s expanding civil works team.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES DESCRIPTION
The job holder shall report to the Civil Works Coordinator and shall be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of all Wind Farm access roads as well as the C77 public road that traverses the wind farm and away from it.
He/she will ensure that there is a proper maintenance schedule for all these roads and that accessibility is maintained at all times and conditions are within acceptable limits.
Other tasks to be carried out shall include but not limited to:
- Review of all roads contractors’ bids in detail and ensure they reflect market rates.
- Designing of proper drainages for roads in and around accommodation camps/ structures that eliminate risk of flooding in buildings.
- Supervision of construction works.
- Interpretation of structural drawings and design.
- Report writing on project progress.
- Budget proposal for projects and tracking during implementation.
- Being involved in community engagements of CSR activities carried out by the company; and
- Stakeholder management.
The above duties and responsibilities may be varied from time to time and include any other responsibilities that arise during the day-to-day business of the Company.
- Be holder of a bachelor’s degree /KNEC Higher Diploma or Diploma in the following engineering disciplines or equivalent qualification;
- Civil and construction engineering,
- Be conversant in competent use of the following software;
- AutoCAD & Civil 3D (Mandatory)
- MS Project
- ArchiCAD (Optional but applicants with this qualification will have added advantage).
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
- Have practical background in survey works
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in both design office and field; and
- Good communication skills.
Candidates from Marsabit County are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject by 20th February 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who do not hear back from us should consider themselves unsuccessful.