Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Required: One (1)
Lake Turkana Wind Power (LTWP) is a leading owner/ operator of one of the largest and most prestigious power generating projects in Africa.
As part of its operations, LTWP undertakes regular maintenance of its facilities comprising of plant civil works, camps, roads, water systems, sewer systems, boreholes, and other structural elements through its Civil Works Team (CWT).
LTWP also undertakes Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) through Winds of Change Foundation which involves construction projects.
LTWP is seeking to expand its CWT team by hiring an experienced Civil Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity for the right person as the selected candidate will form part of the nucleus of LTWP’s expanding civil works team.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES DESCRIPTION
The job holder shall report to the Civil Works Coordinator and shall be responsible for maximizing project margin, adding value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting.
He/she will drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors in conjunction with the Procurement Department, carry out monthly financial reviews on projects costs and forecast final outturn values for cost.
Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client/ main contractor and subcontractors.
Quantity surveyors are considered the economists of the construction industry and are also referred to as a construction cost consultant.
A quantity surveyor is central to the decision-making process throughout the development of a project, from initial inception to final completion.
They prepare cost plans for projects which enable the design team to arrive at practical designs for projects and to stay within budget.
They can also act as project managers and are major contributors to the success of all types of projects in all sectors of the industry.
Tasks to be carried out shall include but not limited to:
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required, and labour involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable; and
- Monitor all information in relation to project including labour, material and sub- contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- The above duties and responsibilities may be varied from time to time and include any other responsibilities that arise during the day-to-day business of the Company.
- Be holder of a bachelor’s degree or Diploma in the Quantity Survey (QS) discipline.
- Proficiency in MS office applications.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience directly working as a QS; and
- Good communication skills.
Candidates from Marsabit County are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject by 24th February 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.