Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Handle escalations from Safaricom Enterprise Platinum customers, its partners and Safaricom special projects;
- Research, review and recommend emerging technologies and innovative customer solutions and liaise with stakeholders for technology adoption to maximize service availability;
- Oversee fixed data partner engineers support and effectively liaise with internal subject matter experts-level 3 support players to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair complex customer issues;
- Perform capacity monitoring and reporting on individual client circuits as well as network resources;
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance for proactive support for global customers;
- Perform root cause analysis on issues to avoid recurrence;
- Escalate and follow up issues with NOC and relevant backend teams;
- Effectively communicate ticket status, service outages and escalate as per established customer support and escalation matrix.
- Ensure all customer solutions are documented;
- Ensure all running configurations are backed up; Ensure all Preventive and restorative procedures are documented and adhered to.
- Ensure communication progressively and properly done to all stakeholders Weekly and monthly reporting on link performance Role requirements;
- Employ Data science analytics tools to simplify and Analyze Enterprise Edge IP network logs to resolve and report running faults before they become service affecting.
- Lead Digital Empowerment of Customer facing teams to improve customer SLA and significantly reduce BAU escalations to Backend Infrastructure team.
- Lead agile collaboration activities with digital NOC team and participate in End to End EBU automation project squad.
- Optimize and monitor alerts on the Enterprise IP core and follow up on resolutions.
- Be a custodian of network documentation and improvements of the versions.
- Spares tracking and management in liaison with the responsible sections in the company for the IP devices in use.
- Fix network faults on the transport network serving the Enterprise IP network in co-ordination with the regional networks Ops team.
- Co-ordinate proactive exercises on solutions offering to customers to ensure optimal performance and reduce possibilities of service outages in coordination with internal backend teams.
- Degree in Telecoms, Engineering, IT, Physics or Math or any other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ Experience in a busy ISP/Telco in managing large IP & Transport networks
- Must have Network Connectivity Certifications on professional level .i.e. CCIP, CCNP, CCVP, CCSP HCNP, HCIP, CWNP and or above.
- Strong understanding of emerging digital technologies: SDWAN, IoT, Managed Security Services (Cisco ASA/Fortinet/Cyberoam/SOPHOS), AWS, Microsoft Azure, VMware, IoT, Telematics, RPA. Certifications and practical hands-on experience on the same is an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge in Python, Java, Kubernetes. Certification on the same is an added advantage
- CISA, CISM, CEH certifications are an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of microwave and fiber transmission and access technologies i.e. TDM,SDH plus experience with vendors like Rad
- Ability to manage/troubleshoot a large Service provider Transmission& IP network
- Conversant with IPv4, IPv6 Addressing Schemes, Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM), VLANs, IP QOS, Triple play services.
- Knowledge in ISP services; DNS, SMTP, POP3, RADIUS/PPPoE, Web Hosting,
- Knowledge of data networking and networking protocols in reference to the WAN and LAN environments.
- General knowledge in all layers of data communications, customer applications and associated technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE and Huawei OS
- Candidate should demonstrate deep and wide knowledge ITIL, Agile, SCRUM, DevNet frameworks and relevant certifications
- Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills, including research of customer issues, issue re-creation, and log file analysis and experience in offering technical support to enterprise customers.
- Strong work ethic; Capability to influence cross-functional teams and to build trust with team, clients, and internal departments; Capacity to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities.
Method of application, click on APPLY
Last Date to Apply: Feb 19, 2021