Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Head of Operations (Technical) is responsible for maintaining the business operational efficiency and ensuring the business complies with industry standards and regulatory guidelines.
The role holder is also responsible for upholding best practices in underwriting and claims management, risk rating and arrangement of optimal reinsurance programs for the business .
- In consultation with the CEO, develop, implement and oversee the operations business Strategy
- Oversee underwriting and claims management.
- New Business development and client retention
- Oversee the existence of an efficient and optimal core operating system.
- Supervise, lead, coach and develop the General business underwriting, claims and reinsurance operations team.
- Ensure excellent customer experience and intermediary relationships
- Oversee optimal reinsurance placement and risk management
- Review existing products and develop new ones in line with customer needs and expectations.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, Business, Law, or related discipline from a reputable university
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance eg. ACH, FCII or equivalent. – Member of Kor a relevant professional body
- Ten (10) years’ post qualification experience with at least five (5) years in General Insurance Underwriting and/or Claims management
- In addition, the candidate should have exposure to reinsurance treaty arrangements and related field
Skills and Attributes
- Strategic leadership and analytical thinking skills
- Strong leadership, supervision, and training Skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledgeable with industry’s rules and regulations
- Results driven & customer focused
- Good negotiation skills
Strong preference will be given to candidates with the requisite qualifications, skills, and experience. If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please submit your detailed Curriculum vitae and covering letter to reach us on or before 15th February 2021 through email address: email@example.com
The job title should be clearly indicated as the email reference. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.