Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Neonatal Critical Care Nurses, REF: TNH/HRD/KRNCCN//02/2021
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – NICU/NHDU, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To utilize the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
- To be a role model of the nursing profession and exercise professionalism at all times while being an effective clinical leadership resource.
- To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
- To provide guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
- Implement infection control measures to provide a safe environment for patients, staff and others.
- To be in control of the nursing activities, staff management and utilize hospital disciplinary policy procedure effectively.
- To protect all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Chief Executive Officer’s permission.
- To investigate patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform nursing administration immediately within the same shift.
- To be knowledgeable of the equipment in ward/department and to safe guard hospital/patient property and equipment from damage, wastage or loss.
- To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
- To promote good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Charge Nurse from time to time.
- Take charge of the ward in the absence of the person with continuing responsibilities.
- Required to be observant of the patient’s needs and requirements and assist where appropriate in providing care to meet those needs which is within the total care plan of the patient.
- Supervise and assess, plan and implement agreed individual care plans and evaluate the effectiveness of care given.
- Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
- Make adequate discharge arrangements to ensure that patients receive appropriate care and support.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN or Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Higher Diploma in Neonatal Critical Care Nursing.
- 4 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be after post-basic qualification.
- Supervisory skills and knowledge.
- BLS certified.
- Managerial skills/Leadership skills
- Research Methodology
- Performance Management
- Counselling Skills
- Finance for Non-Financial Managers
For more details, visit https://thenairobihosp.org/careers/
To apply, send your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: email@example.com not later than Friday, 26th February, 2021. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers