Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Information Analyst CrisisInSight
Contract: National contract
Reports to: Senior Analyst
Supervision of: none
Budget responsibility: none
Starting date: asap
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya (no travel required)
Duration and contract type: fixed term, 12 months, 100%
Eligibility: Kenyan nationals only, with the right to live and work in Kenya
ACAPS ACAPS, a project hosted by the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), is dedicated to improving analysis of humanitarian needs in complex emergencies and crises. We are independent of specific operational and sectoral agendas or interests, and therefore guarantee objective and evidence-based analysis.
Our CrisisInSight team supports the humanitarian community by providing up-to-date information on more than 100 key crises around the globe. This enables crisis responders to better understand and thereby better address the needs of the affected population, and at the same time strengthening the assessment ecosystem.
Purpose of the position
Contribute to ACAPS’ timely analysis of humanitarian crises, thus enabling crisis responders to make better informed decisions.
This is an entry level position for people interested in a career in the humanitarian sector and who are specifically interested in qualitative and quantitative analysis, humanitarian planning, and in promoting evidence-based decision making.
The information analyst will develop valuable knowledge in analysis techniques, including secondary data review, joint analysis, and data management.
Role and responsibilities
1. Participate in the production of ACAPS analysis and documentation through secondary data review and other analysis methodologies.
2. Support the development of ACAPS knowledge and guidance on better data collection, data preparedness activities, analysis, and reporting.
1. CrisisInsight Global Severity Index
a. Conduct monitoring of information on global political, economic, social, and humanitarian developments in the assigned countries of responsibility.
b. Gather and analyse quantitative and qualitative data to feed the INFORM Severity Index.
c. Contribute to the collection and analysis of baseline and historical event data.
d. Through regular monitoring of crises, identify when is necessary to produce qualitative or quantitative analysis reports to draw attention to specific situations.
2. CrisisInSight other products
a. Gather and analyse quantitative and qualitative data to feed the Humanitarian Access Overview and Risk Analysis, and in general to ACAPS portfolio.
b. Conduct trend and risk analysis of evolving crises in order to feed the ACAPS quarterly risk report.
c. Work in collaboration with the entire analysis team to ensure timely production and dissemination of ACAPS original products.
d. Produce thematic ad hoc reports and analysis.
e. Update the country pages of ACAPS website using analysis and data collected for ACAPS products.
a. Support the communications team to disseminate analysis reports by providing summary text and tag lines for use on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, and on occasion, carrying out dissemination activity via social media.
3. Methodology and product refinement
a. Contribute to the improvement of ACAPS analysis methodologies. Participate in internal evaluation to improve the quality of analysis activity.
b. Contribute to the joint reflexion of the team regarding the evolution of ACAPS analysis products (product design and development).
c. Support the review process of methodology documents and analysis products, and provide support to ACAPS methodology development notably in doing research for developing technical briefs.
4. Perform other duties in the organisation as appropriate, including but not limited to:
a. Provide support to other analysts and ACAPS colleagues on products, monitoring, and briefing notes.
b. Participate in, support, or lead specific ad hoc projects, as requested.
a. Be “on call” to research and draft Briefing Notes outside business hours.
- Closely coordinate and collaborate with entire ACAPS analysis team
- Establish a network of key informants at a field level and conduct regular interviews to integrate and support analysis and research.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis methods (mixed and multi) and ease with handling, large amounts of quantitative data.
- Written clarity, including ability to analyse complex concepts and synthetize information.
- Previous experience (2 years) in research, analysis, information management, advocacy, or other relevant experience in the humanitarian sector or related fields (development, international relations, social science, etc). Ability and confidence to make judgment calls when interpreting ambiguous data.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of emergency preparedness, response and early recovery.
- Demonstrated understanding of needs assessments in humanitarian crisis.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Any other language is an asset, especially Spanish, French, and Arabic.
Generic professional competencies
- Relevant Master’s degree, preferably in humanitarian action, social sciences (anthropology, sociology, economics, political science, psychology, geography, etc.), area studies, international relations, public health, epidemiology or other relevant education.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- Proven cooperation and inter-personal skills, including proven capacity to work very efficiently in a team.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, and results oriented approach.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, manage own use of time and self-motivate.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite particularly Excel.
- Familiarity with R, Python, Tableau, PowerBI, or similar software.
- Flexible, including willingness to work overtime.
- Knowledge of East Africa region is a plus.
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Social perceptiveness
- Active listening
- Adapting and responding to change
- Adhering to principles and values
- Deciding and initiating action
- Strategic thinking
- Handling insecure environments
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Apply Before: 24/02/2021, 23:59