Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Education Program Assistant at RTI International.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. The organization provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients in more than 75 countries. RTI International USAID-funded Tusome Early Grade Reading Activity is designed to dramatically improve primary literacy outcomes for approximately 7 million Kenyan children in grades 1–3, by enhancing teachers’ capacity to effectively deliver classroom instruction, improving schools’ access to appropriate books and other learning materials, and providing instructional support and supervision through a network of curriculum support officers.
The Education Program Assistant will provide technical support for the development and revision of instructional materials, work plans and specified frameworks. This will include working with regional technical team in the implementation of Tusome in the region. The Education Program Assistant reporting to the Regional Programs Education Officer will support the implementation of Tusome within the region. The Assistant will collaborate with the MOE and TSC county officers for successful implementation of the program. The Assistant will also provide support to
for Curriculum support officers. The assignment is designed to provide technical support for effective Tusome implementation. The job function includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Support the Regional Education Programs Officer in the effective implementation of Tusome at the regional level
- Contribute to development and revision of instructional materials
- Participate in development and revision of training materials;
- Collaborate with relevant MOE and TSC experts for effective implementation.
- Support effective relationships with County and sub-county officials
- Support the training of the technical team, CSO , head teachers and teachers;
- Support monthly CSOs zonal/cluster teacher meetings
- Undertake classroom observations
- Provide support for Tusome monitoring activities in the region
- Write Quality Reports for each activity
- Undertake any other Tusome duties as requested by the Regional Education Programs Officer, Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and Senior Education Program Specialist.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- BED/ BA and five(5) years of experience working in education sector; major in either Kiswahili and English languages is an added advantage
- Experience with data collection and research studies, especially literacy and early mathematics is an added advantage
- Experience supervising and training data collectors;
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and English instruction in Kenya;
- Experience working in urban slum areas;
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions.
- Strong planning, community mobilization and inter-cultural communication skills required.
- Experienced in working with youth Groups implementing Education Programs
- Experience working on a donor-funded project pertaining to technical and organization capacity development.
Skills & Abilities
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required.
- Good communication and listening skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities
- Report writing skills is an added advantage
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to APPLY