Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Internal Audit Officer at Smep Bank Microfinance
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, this position is responsible for carrying out specific audit exercises on bank’s operations in an efficient, economical and effective manner.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Participate and contribute in the risk assessment process in the Bank
- Prepare and implement audit plans for specific audit assignments
- Prepare Audit reports
- Carry out fraud Investigations and instituting recovery measures for confirmed frauds
- Carry out the identified continuous monitoring reviews and report on the results at the agreed intervals.
- Reviewing the systems established to ensure compliance with the policies, plans, procedures, statutory requirements and regulations
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets and, as appropriate, verify the existence of such assets
- Reviewing the Banks’ operations and activities to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations are being carried out as planned and as per the Banks’ Policies and Procedures.
Key qualifications and experience
- A minimum of C+ (plus) in KCSE
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in Business related courses – preferably in Commerce, Accountancy, Finance, or Business Administration from a recognized university.
- Professional qualification in CPA; at CPA III is mandatory.
- Applicants with CISA certification, experience in auditing banking and IT environments have a definite advantage
- At least three years relevant work experience in auditing Banking and IT environments
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Computers and a working knowledge of T24 Banking system will be an added advantage
- Must be a team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Between 30 to 40 years of age
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve.
Visit https://www.smep.co.ke/home/internal-audit-officers/ for more details.
The deadline for applications is Friday 19th February, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.