Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
International Consultants to provide French & Portuguese translation and interpretation services
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world.
UN Women is looking for language experts to provide translation and interpretation services from French-English-French and English-Portuguese-English or vice versa for programme reports, press releases/statements, speech, features, audio/video interviews and other important documents including the policy and guidelines, requests from CO to RO as and when required basis. UN Women RO intends to establish a Retainer SSA contract with the selected candidates for at least one-year period. The service is required occasionally and only for a specified period.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultants will work under the overall supervision of the Communication Specialist, and direct supervision of Thematic Leads in request of interpretation and translation services.
Scope of the Work
A professional, accurate and fast translation service from English to French, English to Portuguese and vice versa such that the meaning and understanding of each principles and analysis presented in the documents reflect their true sense.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of Translator/Interpreter:
- Provide simultaneous interpretation services for UN Women meetings/events
- Translate knowledge products from French to English, Portuguese to English and vice-versa.
- Transcribe and translate documents on a need basis.
- Ensure accuracy in language, structure, and rhetoric expressions.
- As part of translation, word choice, style, sentence structure, comprehension, and terminologies are checked intensively, and the content is fine-tuned to achieve native English, Portuguese and French expression.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Excellent reading, writing, editing, research, and proofreading skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task;
- Attention to detail is crucial;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Ability to produce a high volume of quality content;
- Knowledge of UN acronyms and terminologies
- A First degree in translation, writing, communications, journalism, international relations or related fields and/or a minimum of 10 years of progressive translation/interpretation experience.
- Master’s degree in translation & interpreting or related fields is considered an asset.
- Language Certification from an accredited professional language institution is considered an asset.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in interpretation/translation, writing, editing, self-revision, proofreading and/or production editing is required. Out of the aforementioned five (5) years, three (3) years of experience working within a multilingual setting is desirable.
- Three (3) years of interpretation/translation/editing/writing experience for the UN system or other international organization is preferred.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
Apply before 18th Feb, 2021 by clicking on this link APPLY