Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our Ref: CEH/HR/REC/004/2021
Terms of Engagement: Permanent
Place of work: City Eye Main Hospital (or as may be instructed)
Department: Patient Care
Direct Reports: None
Reporting to: Patient Care Manager
We are a social venture that provides quality and affordable eye care to people living in East Africa. Our primary mandate is to provide affordable and accessible eye care.
Accessible on both fronts of location and price.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Taking visual acuity and intraocular pressures of patients and entering accurate results into the patient’s file.
- Taking vital signs and recording findings into the patient’s files.
- Assisting clinicians during patient examination and procedures.
- Scrubbing and circulating for eye surgeries/ Procedures.
- Preparing patients for different procedures, surgeries.
- Performing eye examination scans on the patients i.e., OCT, Visual field, corneal topography, biometry and fundus photo.
- Cleaning and dusting of working surfaces and machines.
- Stocking exam, procedure, and theatre rooms with prerequisite supplies and equipment.
- Performing eye swabbing and irrigation
- Cleaning and sterilizing medical instruments before and after use on patients.
- Administering and dispensing prescribed treatment to patients.
- Compiling and submitting required reports.
- Counseling and educating patients on eye diseases and post-operative care
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or Kenya Registered Nurse.
- Higher Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya and holder of a valid license
- Holder of BLS certificate
- Three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org latest by COB 19th February 2021 with the subject line ‘’Nurse’’.
The application must include an up-to-Date CV not more than 3 pages long with the current and expected remuneration indicated, and a one-page document in PDF format explaining how their personality aligns to the core values of City Eye Hospital.
We are committed to grant you a great applicant’s experience, but due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we shall only be able to contact the shortlisted candidates.