Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Counter Fraud Officer- Data Analyst
The individual will work closely with the Global Counter Fraud Director to ensure the continued development and embedding of an efficient and effective counter fraud framework and culture in the region, specifically:
- Support the Global Counter Fraud Director in developing a proactive approach to fraud prevention and detection through data analytics;
- Staying alert to emerging fraud trends in the sector and adapting analytical routines to address the new risks; and
- Be responsible for producing fraud ‘heat maps’ as and when necessary to support the information requirements of the Global Counter Fraud Director, SCI SLT and other stakeholders.
Supporting the Regional Fraud Lead in the coordination of fraud management administration and communication in the East and Southern Africa (ESA), including:
- Support in stakeholder communications relating to fraud incident reports and investigation updates;
- Support with case management and record updates and uploads to the case management system, Datix; and
- Support in the planning and coordination of logistics for fraud trainings sessions conducted by the Regional Fraud lead and other members of the global fraud team (face-to-face awareness training, investigation trainings, Fraud Focal point trainings etc.)
In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder maybe expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may be required to get involved in special projects within the fraud function as appropriate.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s degree / formal qualification in a relevant field; and
- Has relevant experience (audit/risk/investigatory) applicable to the role with knowledge of common analytical tools such as CaseWare IDEA, ACL, etc.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to identify fraud risk areas in complex operational environments from both structured (financial systems) and unstructured data (conversations, investigation reports, complaints etc.);
- A proven experience in using data analytics tools in an audit/risk/investigatory setting to identify and address red flags;
- Awareness of global standards and legislation around fraud and corruption;
- Substantial experience in forensic investigation with thorough knowledge and/or experience in audit.
- Aware of current best practices in investigation techniques;
- Excellent communicator and facilitator, able to clearly and confidently articulate and present findings with impact;
- Strong negotiating skills to influence all levels of staff, showing ability to work collaboratively and with peers from different departments;
- Experience of working within an international development setting.
- The ability to undertake occasional overseas travel
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Commitment to Save the Children values; and
- The existing right to work in Kenya.
- Formal investigation qualification;
- Knowledge of regional law and regulatory environments;
- Previous experience of delivering training sessions /workshops;
- Membership of a professional anti-fraud body and/or professional data analytics certification; and Knowledge of SCI systems including Agresso, TIM, ER/CAM, PPM Prime, ProSave Source-to-Pay, Datix etc.
Contract duration: 24 months
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Click on APPLY and attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations by 19th Feb,2021. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.