Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, KenyaTrócaire works in partnership with local and church organisations, supporting communities in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change.
Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
Supporting women and girls to live free from violence, is a key priority in Trócaire’s Strategic Plan.
We recognise that gender based violence (GBV) is one of the most widespread, persistent and devastating human rights violations occurring worldwide, cutting across generations, nationalities and communities and preventing women’s and girls’ full enjoyment of their human rights, as well as creating a significant impediment to the achievement of just and sustainable world development.
Trócaire’s Women’s Empowerment programme strives to ensure that women and girls are empowered to live lives that respect their human rights. Where they are included in decision-making at all levels and live free from violence and fear.
Specifically GBV programming strives to ensure women and girls have access to the support they need at community level and that community leaders, faith leaders and services providers are better equipped to prevent and respond to GBV.
The Programmes Team support Country Offices and Partners to deliver coherent impactful programmes, through promoting learning and innovation, and providing high-quality technical assistance, which enables positive changes in the lives of the communities and women and men we serve.
The SASA! Faith Regional Advisor will play a lead role in the development and implementation of programming related to GBV prevention.
The role will lead on providing technical support to four SASA! Faith country offices and partners, and to other countries using other prevention methodologies, identifying and supporting new and emerging opportunities to expand our prevention programming and promoting innovation within our work, to further deepen our learning and expertise over the course of the this strategic plan.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Reporting to GBV Advisor, this is a fixed term contract and is based in Uganda or another Trócaire office, in a SASA! Faith implementing country.
Safeguarding Programme Participants-Children & Adults
Trócaire is committed to Safeguarding people within our programmes from Exploitation and Abuse and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Global Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives.
Any candidate offered a job with Trócaire will be expected to sign Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policies and Global Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Development of Strategy, Guidance & Resources on GBV Prevention.
In consultation with relevant colleagues, and informed by programming
- Develop organizational strategy on GBV prevention outlining the principle, standards, approaches and intervention strategies to support high quality prevention programming (e.g. gender-power analysis, following a phased-in approach, holistic community engagement, and activism)
- Develop guidance and resources to assist in the implementation of the GBV prevention strategies and support programme quality and innovation, aligned to the organizational theory of change.
- Support programmes in monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), including use of the SASA! Faith MEL framework and organisational programming indicators.
Provision of high quality timely Technical Support for country programme planning, delivery and evaluation
- Provide technical support to the programme countries on GBV prevention programming through remote support and regular field visits.
- Assist in the identification of opportunities for new programming in consultation with local and international partners and networks in close collaboration with field offices.
- Provide technical support on programming aspects of institutional funding proposals, and implementation and reporting, to increase funding for GBV prevention programmes.
- Working alongside other programme advisers in HQ, provide technical assistance on the development and implementation of integrated programmes to the field in a way that maximises the impact of our work.**
Facilitation of Learning and Sharing within and across Country Programmes
- Lead on development and delivery of SASA! Faith phase trainings and SASA! Faith technical advisors training courses.
- Facilitate and support a strong learning and knowledge management of GBV prevention strategies and practices.
Identify and support new research and learning opportunities on GBV prevention in consultation with field offices.
Strategic engagement in relevant internal and external fora enabling collaboration and profiling
Represent Trócaire’s programming work on GBV prevention at networks and in relevant internal and external forums to ensure that learning is shared and the work of Trócaire and partners is profiled and is informed cutting edge sectoral thinking (fora include GBV prevention network etc.)
Ensure profiling of Trócaire’s research and learning on GBV prevention programming within Trócaire and more broadly in the sector.
Any other relevant tasks as identified by management, in line with the scope and focus of the role.
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
- A third level qualification in Social Science, Development studies or related area.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of working to support GBV programme implementation.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of working to support SASA! or SASA! Faith programming.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a local or international NGO.
- Experience in developing and implementing results based M&E systems for Women’s empowerment programming.
- Experience of engaging in programme learning dialogues
- Experience of working with faith based institutions.
- Experience of designing and implementing programmes using GBV prevention strategies to secure a violence free future for women and girls.
- Experience of implementing robust monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems.
- Experience of facilitating capacity building and learning processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills and an ability to analyse issues within local and global contexts
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills for a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, both at a local and global level.
- Excellent IT skills (Word; Excel; Power Point).
- A demonstrated interest in and commitment to social justice and gender equality.
- A demonstrated commitment to gender equality and an ability to influence others to engage in support of gender equality issues.
- The ability to build relationships across the organisation and motivate others.
- An ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and operate as part of a team.
- Ability to work to deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Empathy with the ethos of Trócaire as a Catholic organisation.
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis.
Person Specification – Desirable
- Postgraduate experience in a relevant area is desirable, or significant experience beyond that outlined below.
- Experience of working in a partnership arrangement with civil society organisations and the use of participatory approaches to development.
- A working knowledge of local languages.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and also Cc firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title SASA! Faith Regional Advisor
Closing date: 22 Feb 2021