Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WUSC is seeking to hire an Operations Officer to support its programming in Kenya
Background: World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a leading Canadian international development organization that works with and through its southern partners to promote sustainable development.
Founded in 1957 and currently working in more than 20 countries worldwide with an annual budget of approximately $45 million dollars, WUSC fosters youth-centered solutions for improved education, economic, and empowerment opportunities to overcome inequality and exclusion.
We believe youth have the potential to provide for their families, build strong communities, and create positive social change for future generations. Globally, WUSC has a network of higher education institutions, civil society organizations, private sector partners, professionals, students, volunteers, faculty, and community leaders that can be leveraged to support our work.
WUSC’s members are Canada’s most globally engaged post-secondary institutions. WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference for youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, employment and empowerment.
Displaced and Refugee youth Enabling Environment Mechanism (DREEM) project
WUSC through the DREEM project will play a unique role as a technical assistance and strategic learning partner to the Mastercard Foundation and Mastercard Foundation partners.
The DREEM project will contribute to the Mastercard Foundation’s commitment to meaningfully include refugee and displaced youth in their Scholars project and Young Africa Works project.
As the Mastercard Foundation also works to develop a new refugee and displaced youth strategy, the DREEM project will engage with the Foundation to ensure that the project continues to support the overall goals of the Foundation.
The DREEM project will focus on three key pillars:
- Support Scholars project partners and staff with the knowledge, capacity and networks to meaningfully recruit and serve refugees and displaced youth in higher education and transition to work and to work towards more inclusive societies;
- Support Young Africa Works country partners and staff in Kenya to gain the knowledge, capacity and networks to meaningfully include and develop programming that meets the unique training and employment needs, opportunities and aspirations of refugee and displaced youth, especially young women;
- Strengthening Economic Opportunities for Refugees (SEOR) to complement WUSC’s existing Learning through Education and Access to Employment Pathways (LEAP) project and provide refugee entrepreneurs, especially young women with improved access to market-oriented business support services that improve business and employment outcomes in Kenya. **
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager the Operations Officer will work closely with the Displaced and Refugee youth Enabling Environment Mechanism (DREEM) project team as well as with other WUSC projects team based in the Kenya office.
Specifically, the Operations Officer:
Coordinates all logistics for convening events, meetings and workshops
- Liaises with WUSC Kenya staff, program participants and other stakeholders directly to book travel, visas, accommodations and meals;
- Ensure safety and sanitation protocols are in place and followed at all events;
- Works with the Procurement Officer to research and book venues, catering, and technical and A/V resources; ensures that all events run smoothly;
- Provides other logistical and administrative support, as needed;
- Prepares consultants contracts and addendums
Recruitment/ New Hire Process
- Providing support in the recruitment/hiring processes that may include posting vacancy announcements ; organizing resumes and job applications, scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview processes.
- Prepares new employee files ensuring all required documents are in place.
- Support employee/consultant induction process
- Assist in conducting background checks and candidate’s documents/information verification.
Leave & record Management
- Responsible for electronic and physical filing of all HR related documents;
- Maintain current consultancy files and databases;
- Ensuring timesheets are completed and filed every month;
- support the tracking of anual leave providing periodic updates to respective team members.
- Support project teams as needed
Qualifications and competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration; Bachelor of Commerce or another relevant field;
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in operations, contract management, administration , logistics or related area is required.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a responsible way;
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills;
- Effective communication skills
Line Manager: Senior Operations Manager
Position Requires Close Collaboration with:
- Operations Team
- DREEM Director + Team
- Finance Team
- Project Teams**
How to Apply
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence, and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you wish to apply for this exciting role, please submit your resume with a covering letter HERE.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WUSC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applicants must have the relevant immigration status to work in Kenya.
Closing date: 18 Feb 2021