Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Directorate: Kenya Deposit Insurance Corporation
KDIC Grade: KDIC 6
You will be responsible for the implementation of on-site and off-site examination policies and plans of banking institutions, for the identification of early warning signs of financial distress.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with banking institutions, and other relevant stakeholders for information sharing
- Coordinating the timely collection and compilation of accurate and complete data for analysis and reporting
- Assessing and analysing financial information of banking institutions, to measure risk exposures to the banking system and deposit insurance fund;
- Conducting off-site examination of banking institutions, to create up to date risk profiles and registers;
- Conducting on-site examination of banking institutions, to validate accuracy of financial information and assess conduct of affairs;
- Implementing and updating templates and procedures for risk minimization and interventions in banking institutions;
- Collecting information to update risk profiles and risk registers of banking institutions;
- Collecting accurate data from banking institutions for timely analysis and preparation of reports;
- Classification of banking institution financial information on capital adequacy, asset quality, management and governance, earnings and liquidity;
- Implementing bank examination calendar, and on-site examination activities;
- Updating status of Key Performance Indicators and identifying gaps for remedial action;
- Collating data to update departmental risk registers in line with the enterprise risk management framework;
- Implementing the department’s business continuity management activities in collaboration with the champions;
- Implementing departmental processes, quality objectives and standard operating procedures, and ensure follow-up on corrective actions;
- Identifying weaknesses and deficiencies in bank / member institution operations, management, policies, or other areas subject to bank examination; and
- Monitoring implementation and reporting on the Department’s Annual Performance Contract activities.
Professional Qualification and Membership
ACCA, CPA, CFA or any other relevant qualifications.
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Project management skills
- Computing skills
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Negotiation skills
- Networking skills
- Time management skills
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 – 17:00
General Application Requirements
Interested candidates, who MUST be Kenyan citizens, should submit their applications including copies of their academic and professional certificates, a copy of the National Identity Card or valid Passport, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing current position, qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary, a working email and a daytime telephone number. The CV should also include the email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees who can speak on your competence, character and integrity.
Other Key Requirements
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 during the interviews by providing original copies of the following documents:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificates from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) i.e. Completed First Schedule (s.13) and a self-declaration form; and
- A Clearance Certificate from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) in Kenya.