Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KDIC Grade: KDIC 6
You will provide day to day operational support in managing the affairs of banks/ financial institutions in liquidation through implementing and complying with the developed policies, procedures and other operational guidelines in loans collections, realization of assets, processing payments to depositors and creditors in a timely and efficient manner; and providing information for orderly winding up of non-viable Banks / financial institutions to enhance depositors’ confidence in the financial sector.
- Regularly following up with the borrowers to ensure loans outstanding in the institutions in liquidation are paid as negotiated;
- Reviewing assigned files for long outstanding contentious debts for amicable settlement;
- Ensuring all payments by the debtors/ borrowers are properly captured and reported in the Corporation Enterprise resource planning system;
- Initiating negotiations for loan recoveries through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms;
- Collating and submitting debtors’ profile to Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB) in accordance with the law;
- Issuing of relevant statutory notices to enable the Institutions in liquidation realize the assets of the defaulting debtors/ borrowers;
- Preparing investment profiles for surplus funds held by banks/ financial institutions in liquidation for review by assistant manager resolution;
- Preparing for cases and attendance of court sessions including sharing the required documents with the advocates engaged by the banks/ financial institutions in liquidation to pursue recovery of outstanding debts;
- Implementing all board decisions and audit recommendations;
- Receiving regular updates from the advocates and preparing a status reports on all active court matters for effective monitoring and risk management;
- Compiling reports to assist in evaluation of performance by different service providers as per the executed service level agreements;
- Upon Completion of winding up process of an institution, following up on recovery of the residual assets for the benefit of Deposit Insurance fund;
- Generating the information required to aid in tracing and preserving of the assets of the assigned financial institutions in Liquidation;
- Preparing proposals on negotiations held with debtors to resolve long outstanding debts for management and board of directors’ consideration and approval;
- Reviewing and processing of depositors and creditors claims submitted for payments in line with the existing procedures and operational guidelines;
- Reconciling of payments made to depositors and creditors for accuracy reporting and determination of pay out rates for performance evaluation;
- Compiling and ensuring safe custody of information required to document experiences relating to resolution of failed institutions for knowledge management and adoption of best practices; and
- Preparing of statutory returns for the assigned banks/ financial institutions in liquidation and ensuring compliance with submission deadlines.
Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Finance, Economics, Business Administration its relevant qualification from a recognized institution
Four (4) years’ relevant work experience preferably in Banking, Financial Management Credit Administration, Conveyancing, Litigation, Asset Management & Tracing or Insolvency.
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Proficiency in computer application skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills
- Budgeting skills
- Time management skills
Closing Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2021 – 17:00
General Application Requirements
Interested candidates, who MUST be Kenyan citizens, should submit their applications including copies of their academic and professional certificates, a copy of the National Identity Card or valid Passport, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing current position, qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary, a working email and a daytime telephone number. The CV should also include the email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees who can speak on your competence, character and integrity.
Other Key Requirements
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 during the interviews by providing original copies of the following documents:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificates from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) i.e. Completed First Schedule (s.13) and a self-declaration form; and
- A Clearance Certificate from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) in Kenya.