Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Legal Officer II
This position is responsible to the Director Complaints, Investigations and Legal Services in the resolution of complaints and rendering of legal services in line with the mandate of the Commission.
The position will be based at CAJ – Nyahururu office and will:-
- Promote and facilitate resolution of complaints and disputes as per the Commission’s mandate
- Attend to clients on matters relating to the Commission’s mandate and offer legal advice;
- Represent the Commission in legal proceedings;
- Assist the Commission in conducting hearings, inquiries and investigations in matters falling within its mandate;
- Conduct legal research on matters relating to administrative justice and other legal matters;
- Prepare periodic reports on complaints handled by the Commission;
- Prepare legal and advisory opinions;
- Provide recommendations or remedial alternatives for resolution of disputes;
- Any other duty assigned by the Commission.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must;
- Have a Bachelor of Law Degree (LL.B) from a recognized university. Post graduate diploma in Law
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a valid practicing certificate.
- Must be a member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing
- At least 3 years’ of post admission to the bar experience
- Ability to undertake research and provide sound legal opinions
- Knowledge and exposure to Alternative Dispute Resolution will be an added advantage
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
Applicants must attach copies of clearance or compliance certificates from:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Com
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (CID)
- A credit reference bureau
- Higher Education Loans Board
The Application letter together with a detailed CV, Copies of certificates and clearances should
be addressed to:
THE COMMISSION SECRETARY
COMMISSION ON ADMINISTRATIVE JUSTICE
2ND FLOOR, WEST END TOWERS- WAIYAKI WAY
P O BOX 20414 CITY SQUARE 00200
The closing date is on 9th March 2021 at 4.30pm.
For more details, visit https://www.ombudsman.go.ke/index.php/opportunities/careers