Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Humanitarian Systems and Surge Coordinator
ActionAid is a global federation working for a world free from poverty and injustice. We want to see a just, fair and sustainable world, in which everybody enjoys the right to a life of dignity, and freedom from poverty and oppression. We work to achieve social justice and gender equality, and to eradicate poverty.
Self-awareness, Self-care and caring for others, Dismantling bias, Inclusion, Sharing power, Responsible & transparent use of power, Accountable collaboration, Respectful feedback, Courage and Zero tolerance.
Our commitment to safeguarding
ActionAid is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. ActionAid expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate will hold a relevant degree and be fluent in written and spoken English. They will have substantial experience of working in a humanitarian team/context on humanitarian systems, processes and surge capacity for an international development agency. They will have the ability to work in a multicultural context/environment. They will have strong analytical, report-writing and presentation skills with the ability to present complex issues clearly, proven programme and project management skills, including financial management skills, ability to produce and contextualise training materials, toolkits, manuals and frameworks and excellent coordination, negotiation, facilitation and communication skills, with an ability to handle conflicting priorities and deliver under time pressure. They will have experience across countries working in an international agency, particularly with managing complex projects involving multiple partners, with a strong track record of donor accounting, a good understanding of rights-based approaches and strong communication skills.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be part of ActionAid’s Global International Humanitarian & Resilience Team to:
- Lead the strategic development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of technical support across a variety of humanitarian systems and surge themes for the ActionAid (AA) federation, including programmatic and operational preparedness, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian systems and surge functions.
- Lead on significant external engagements with other agencies on humanitarian systems, surge and related funding systems, ensuring strategic engagements to inform and influence others based on ActionAid’s key policy positions around women’s protection and leadership, localization and accountability.
- Manage the AA federation’s global surge pool (EFAST) of approximately 70 staff as well as external consultant and delegation deployments. This entails providing leadership, guidance and support to EFAST members and other deployed staff and ensuring effective coordination and support from across the federation with regards to emergency preparedness and humanitarian scale ups at times of crisis.
- Ensure quality standards and capacity building as required for EFAST and delegation members on protection, accountability, safety and security, people management, localisation and other agreed global standards.
- Manage the Disaster Preparedness and Response Fund (DPRF) and liaises directly with countries on grants, ensuring efficient management of funds and overall reporting for the federation, including the line management of project staff as required (currently a Covid-19 Project Officer).
- Coordinates and supports delegations, working groups and initiatives related to humanitarian systems, surge and processes, with focus on the accountability delegation, the security working group, health and wellbeing of humanitarian surge staff and the funding delegation.
What we offer
ActionAid is committed to providing a welcoming, supportive workplace where we recognise a job well done. Offering a fair compensation package and a flexible working environment. At ActionAid, you can look forward to
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
- A workplace that embraces intersectional feminist principles
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Over 4 weeks holiday a year
ActionAid is committed to supporting flexible working. If you would like to discuss flexible working options, including the possibility of a job share for this role, there will be space to do so during the interview process. Candidates will require the right to work in the job location at the time of appointment.
How to apply
Click on this link APPLY You will upload an up-to-date CV and a covering letter, clearly explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in London, Nairobi or Johannesburg at the time of appointment. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be shortlisted- usually within 2 weeks of the closing date. Deadline is : Sunday 28th February 2021.