Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Program Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation
The Council of Governors (CoG) is established under Section 19 of the Intergovernmental Relations Act 2012 with the mandate to provide a mechanism for consultation amongst County Governments, share information on performance of the counties in execution of their functions, facilitate capacity building for governors, and consider reports from other intergovernmental forums on national and County interests amongst other functions (Section 20).
For better carrying out of its mandate, the Council of Governors has an opening for a Program Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation in the Planning, Monitoring and Knowledge Management Department.
2.0 Scope of Assignment
Support the Monitoring and Evaluation function of the Planning, Monitoring and Knowledge Management Department.
The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage strategic collaborations, linkages and partnerships for the department; and
- Provide support in the drafting of standard operating procedures for monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide support in the development of a robust monitoring and evaluation system or e- platform to monitor implementation of the Council Strategic Plan;
- Provide support to the development of a web-based dashboard to facilitate access to relevant information from the data collected through Digital Data Gathering (DDG) technology;
- Receive, collate and analyze quarterly reports from the Committees;
- Prepare evaluation and progress reports on the implementation of the Council Strategic Plan;
- Prepare reports on the outputs, outcomes and impacts of the Committees and Departments in collaboration with the department and the Director Committees;
- Follow up on strategic collaborations, linkages and partnerships for the Department;
- Draft where necessary, sector specific policies, regulations, strategies, standards and guidelines;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the division annual work plan and budget;
- Mainstream and implement international and regional obligations, treaties and agreements related to the department;
- Implement Council decisions relating to the Department and mandate;
- Implement intergovernmental resolutions relating the Department;
- Organize induction and capacity development initiatives for County Officials;
- Implement activities, programs and projects in the Department;
- Coordinate inter County knowledge sharing and learning on performance of devolved functions;
- Present reports and matters to the Head of Planning and Strategy;
- Implement management decisions relating to the Department; and
- Represent the Council in intergovernmental sector forums of relevance to the Department.
- Track the implementation of approved Department annual budgets;
- Utilise and manage the department resources prudently;
- Participate in the development of financing agreements related to programmes and projects relevant to the department
- Resource mobilize for the department; and
- Comply with internal controls in utilisation of budgets by the department activities, projects and programs.
- Guide and mentor the department assistants and interns.
Reporting and Supervision
The assignment will be task managed by the Council of Governors Planning, Monitoring and Knowledge Management Department and Reporting to the Head of the Department.
Duration of the assignment
The contract duration is for a period of three (3) years renewable annually subject to performance and availability of funds.
Required Experience, Training and Qualifications
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience one (1) of which should be in a similar position.
• Experience working in a Government institution will be an added advantage.
• Bachelor of Statistics, Project Management, Actuarial Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Social Sciences or any related field.
• Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized university.
• Certificate in Computer applications.
• Experienced in undertaking comprehensive research;
• Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
• Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
• A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; and
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Meet requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Kenya Constitution
Interested persons should send a CV including names and addresses of three referees and an Application Letter ONLY to e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5 p.m. Thursday, 25th February, 2021, indicating the name of the position applying for in the subject on the email.
Council of Governors is an equal opportunity Employer.
Persons living with disabilities and Persons from the marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification