Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
1. Organizational Background:
ICS- SP is an innovative African NGO that works in rural areas of Africa together with families, communities, and other stakeholders to create safe and nurturing environments for children to reach their full potential. At the very core of our work is Skillful Parenting and Ending Violence against Children. These are embedded in well-targeted economic empowerment and agribusiness programs that aim to improve household income and food security. In our experience, this combined approach leads better chances of sustainably securing the wellbeing of children and their families.
Our goal is for every child to grow up in a safe and nurturing environment so that they can reach their full potential. A goal we aim to achieve by working with parents and caregivers, by strengthening families and communities, and by strengthening and influencing governments, civil society and private sector towards better policies and practices to fulfil children’s rights.
Since 2012, ICS SP has worked towards making primary schools safe, supportive and non-violent. We have implemented multi –level INSPIRE strategies to address violence in and around schools. Continuous learning and improvement is part of our values. We have over the years collected data that has helped refine the various interventions strategies. The data collected also suggest that that the approaches are working to address VAC. However, there is need to continuously have valid and credible evidence to help focus investments and scale up interventions that demonstrate positive effects.
In particular, we aim to study the effects of the whole school approach intervention to understand better whether the approach has had a positive effect in preventing and reducing incidences of violence in and around schools and improving educational outcomes. Therefore the Organization is looking for qualified and experienced Research Assistant to assist in realizing its objective.
2.1 Position: Research Assistants
2.2 Location: ICS Kisumu –Kenya
2.3 Academic Qualifications:
- · University degree in Social Science or any relevant degree
2.4 Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- At least one-year experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research,
- Experience working with children, youths, parents/caregivers, teachers and community members in rural settings especially in addressing violence against women and children.
- Good written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili,
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Ms. Office and others)
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative research tools/ methods
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, adhere to set priorities standards and deadlines.
2.5 Duties and Responsibilities (Job Description):
- Participate in quantitative and qualitative data collection data cleaning and reporting,
- Write field visit reports and share with the research supervisor,
- Attend all trainings regarding to research
- Contribute to the preparation of reports on task(s) assigned
- Ensure proper utilization of the project resources and properties,
- Perform any other duties assigned by research supervisor.
3. Terms of Employment:
- Successful candidates will be engaged in different phases of the research from baseline to end line.
4. General Conditions:
· Application letters should be written in English and not exceed one page
· Applicant must submit updated CV not exceed 3 pages
· Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates
· Comply with ICS- SP policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, and other relevant policies and procedures
· No phone call is allowable.
NOTE: All required documents should be in one zip folder bearing applicant name in full.
How to apply
5. Mode of Application:
Send you application via mail with a job position as a subject.
Apply to: email@example.com
ICS- SP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, age, disability, political opinion, social status, and genetics.NO PHONE CALL IS ALLOWABLE.
6. Application Deadline