Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Government of Kenya received financing from the World Bank towards the financing of the Kenya Off-Grid Solar Access Project for underserved counties (K-OSAP). The project covers a period of six years. The project development objective is to increase access to modern energy services in underserved counties of Kenya. The project is being implemented in 14 counties, namely:- Garissa, Isiolo, Kilifi, Kwale, Lamu, Mandera, Marsabit, Narok, Samburu, Taita Taveta, Tana River, Turkana, Wajir and West Pokot. The Project is being implemented by the Ministry of Energy, Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) and Rural Electrification Authority (REA).
The Project comprises the following components:
• Electrification of households, public facilities and businesses through mini-grid systems;
• Electrification of households through standalone solar systems and provision of clean cooking solutions for house-holds;
• Electrification of community facilities through standalone solar systems and solar water pumps for communities; and
• Technical assistance, including institutional development, capacity building and project implementation support.
Applications are invited from qualified and competent individuals to fill the following position of County Renewable Energy Officer based in Taita Taveta County. The County Renewable Energy Officer will report to the K-OSAP Project Coordinator based at the Ministry Headquarters, Nairobi. No. Job Title County Job Reference No. No. of Posts 1. Renewable Energy Officer Taita Taveta KE-MOE-216343-CS-INDV/ Taita Taveta One
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Applied sciences, Forestry, Agriculture, Environmental sciences or its equivalent form a recognized institution.
- At least (4) Four years working experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collection and collation of data on renewable energy technologies
- In charge of energy matters in the county
- Assist in setting up demonstrations for training purposes
- Ensuring conformity with laws regulating energy matters
Detailed Job description, specifications and other requirements are posted on the Ministry of Energy’s website www.energy.go.ke
Terms of Service and Remuneration
a) The appointment to the above position will be on a contract basis for one (1) year initially with a possibility of contract extension subject to satisfactory performance.
b) The successful candidate for the position will be offered competitive remuneration package after negotiations.
c) Applicants who are residents in Taita Taveta County will have a distinct advantage.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
(i) Submit their applications in person to the Office of the Director, HRM&D, Kawi Complex Block A, South C, 1st Floor or send to the address shown below
Clearly stating the reference Number in the letter on the envelope by close of business on 5th March, 2021 at 4.30pm
(ii) Applications should include detailed CVs indicating how they meet all the qualification requirements, daytime contacts, current and expected salary, names and contacts of three referees. Copies of all relevant Certificates/Testimonials and copy of national ID/Passport must be attached.
(iii) The Ministry of Energy avails equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. Women, persons living with disabilities, the marginalized and minorities are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
(iv) Completed applications should be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary,
Ministry of Energy
P.O. Box 30582- 00100,
Attn: Director, HRM&D
For more details, visit https://energy.go.ke/?page_id=6838