Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Fresh Life is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life – as small businesses.
We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable by-products, such as organic fertilizer and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the by-products to Kenyan farms.
Since November 2011, we have launched nearly 700 Fresh Life Toilets to a network of more than 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 3,500 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 200 people.
For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in Africa.
The Future Initiatives team is responsible for designing citywide sanitation business models for scaling operations, with the goal of maximizing the number of people served through financially sustainable solutions. To achieve these goals, the Future Initiatives team supports three key work streams:
● New Products & Services – Identifying and piloting new sanitation products and services that enable us to reach more people and safely manage more waste.
● Strategic Projects – Optimizing the business model for existing products and services, as well as develop partnerships for adjacent products and services.
● Market Expansion- Conducting market research to inform the development of market expansion strategies and plans for cities both within and outside of Kenya.
Fresh Life’s network has grown rapidly, and we now serve over 150,000 people in Nairobi with plans to scale to 1M people in Nairobi and .5M people in new geographies by 2025. To achieve these goals, we will need to rapidly replicate our model across new geographies while simultaneously identifying opportunities for increasing revenue and reducing costs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
● Work with managers on the Future Initiatives team to support projects related to new product and service development, market expansion, and the achievement of financial sustainability.
● Conduct market research to understand the competitive environment for Fresh Life’s products and services, evaluate customer satisfaction and identify opportunities to evolve our products to better meet market needs and grow our impact.
● Support market expansion efforts, including developing frameworks to determine market expansion priorities and timelines, conducting baseline assessments, analyzing datasets, and developing implementation plans.
● Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (business administration, research, community development, etc.)
● 3+ years of experience in a demanding private sector or development sector environment with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
● Excellent problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
● Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated experience launching new initiatives
● Strong quantitative, presentation, and writing skills, including fluency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
● Demonstrated ability to work independently with a diverse set of counterparts, in unstructured settings and to adapt to new environments and challenges
● Excellent organization and management skills, including time management and project management
What to Expect
You’ll work in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment and play an intricate role in shaping all aspects of the Future Initiatives team strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to frequently lead work streams and present results to our senior leadership team, interact with our customers, and figure out how to turn insights into operational execution. The expectation is that you will rapidly grow in the role, taking on new challenges and responsibilities as you go.
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 31st March 2021. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.