Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive rehabilitation services with the aim of empowering persons with different abilities.
APDK Nairobi Branch, seeks to fill the following vacancy:
Outreach Mobile Clinic Officer
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take overall responsibility in the management of the administrative and programmatic services of the program.
- Work hand in hand with Rehabilitation teams at the MoH Health facilities, Stakeholders, Organizations of persons with disabilities in providing integrated Rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities. This includes initiating of MOU with County Governments and partners for service delivery.
- Documentation of client’s progress and monthly/weekly reports.
- Ensure patient demands are met and deadlines are kept to ensure continued provision of services.
- Work in cooperation with the Accounts Department and the Branch Administration to design, forecast, and update annual and periodic program budgets
- In liaison with the branch management, plans, organize, and direct the provision of mobile clinic health services and programs to designated areas.
- Initiate and/or reinforce the network system with existing structures to promote integrated community development and access to health services.
- Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders, Government line ministries to provide information, garner acceptance and support of the project, and ensure that the project meets client needs
- Building effective sustainable referral systems with local Health facilities, and community organizations.
- Facilitate training and community empowerment activities.
- Provide accurate and timely report to the management for planning.
- Coordinate project activities and strategical planning with government line ministries for sustainability and Ownership.
- coordinate the development of training materials and methodology relevant to the execution of the project
- In liaison with branch management, ensure proper utilization of resources, including prompt accountability of funds and reporting by the rehabilitation teams and volunteers involved in the program.
- Use participatory methodology when working with all project stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with other departments within the branch, various government ministries, Institutions and with community, DPOs and groups to maximize the effectiveness of the community initiated strategy.
- Facilitate resource mobilization for services at the Counties, other stakeholders and partners for service delivery and scale up of project activities.
- Possess Diploma in Orthopedic, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy from Kenya Medical Training College or any other relevant institution
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in coordinating and providing technical support to Orthopaedic services
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment on disability issues and readiness to work with persons with disabilities across board.
- Have the ability to work for long and odd hours under minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate and ability to work independently
- Experience with donor funded projects and reporting
- Be registered with a professional body
- Available to begin immediately
- Fluent in spoken & written English
How to Apply
Qualified persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be send in Soft copy together with a CV including current contacts of three references (one of whom should be the immediate supervisor), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current / last and expected remuneration to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th February, 2021.